Tuesday, May 8, 2012

My Crazy Life - I Joined The Gym

It's been over a month since I wrote last.  I can't believe how time flies.  I actually went on a mini vacation not long after my last post.  Erin, one of my very sweet readers sent me some Phillies tickets and we made a little mini vacay out of it.  We stayed in Lancaster, PA for 2 days and Philly for 2 days.  It was wonderful to get away for a few days, just the two of us.

Here are a few pics from our getaway:
 Writing in the guest book at our Bed and Breakfast.  Loved that place!
 My husband and I
 I don't want to leave our hot tub. :)

 My husband

 At the Phillies Game. We froze our butts off but loved every second of it. :)





After we got home my oldest daughter came down with fifth disease.  It's not dangerous to children.  Just a little uncomfortable with a rash all over her body.  Unfortunately we realized a few weeks later that the "flu" that the doctor thought I had (and wouldn't go away) was actually Fifth Disease.  Most adults had it as child and are then immune throughout the rest of their life.  I guess I am one of the lucky ones that didn't have it as a child.

The bad part is that it can be 100 times worse as an adult.  It started with flu symptoms (fever, chills, body aches, fatigue, headache, head cold) but wouldn't go away for about 2 weeks.  After being put on antibiotics all of my joints started swelling and throbbing.  I went to the Rheumatologist who tested me for Fifth's Disease and a few days later I got my positive result.  It's crazy.  I am now on 30 mg of prednisone a day for the swelling and pain and am having no luck.  It looks like tomorrow I will be starting with Tramodal which really worries me because of my body's way of becoming addicted to meds.

Unfortunately this disease (virus) just has to work it's course.  It could take weeks, months or years.  I'm of course trusting God to heal me and praying that is only lasts a few weeks.  One horrible part to this disease is that the prednisone is increasing my appetite.  I lost 10 pounds and now I gained 6 of it back in the last month.  I  feel like I am going crazy!

Today, I decided that Fifth Disease is not going to rule my life.  I need to fight the food cravings with something so I signed up for a membership at my old gym.  I am so thrilled!  I really hope my body can handle it while I am trying to recover from this virus.  I'm going to start slow . 

I can't wait to get back on track.  It is going to be so wonderful to be back in the gym.  I really hope it's going to make a huge difference in the way I look and feel. Especially since I am going to be going to the beach in a few short week. :)

I need to get to sleep now.  I have the alarm set for 5:45am.  It's going to be an early morning.  Thanks to everyone that has been sending me encouraging messages and emails this past month.  It really made me feel good to know that so many of you care. :)


2 comments:

AngieG2000 said...

Good for you for joining a gym. I think I'm going to start doing "Insanity." My husband has been doing it and is having great results.

I hope your Fifth Disease gets better soon.

Nice to see you back!

Angie

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Thanks Angie! Let me know what you think of Insanity. It heard it is pretty tough. I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet but maybe someday. :) Good luck with it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin