Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Beach Ready!

The gym membership has been such a blessing. I really forgot how nice it is to get away and exercise. I joined the gym last Tuesday and made it to the gym to exercise on Wed., Thur. and Fri. morning. I'm so thankful that my husband lets me have that time to exercise while he gets the girls ready and off to school each morning.

The weekend was very busy. No gym but I hope at some point to incorporate the gym into at least one day of the weekend. We ended up going out for dinner to celebrate4 my Birthday with my parents on Friday night. It was a month late but with our vacation and then me getting fifth disease things got pushed back. I had tortellini with Alfredo sauce which is a big no no. On Saturday we celebrating my nephew's 6th Birthday with a party at the bowling alley. It was so much fun! Then we spent the rest of the day at my sister's house checking out their new renovations and just hanging out with the family.

Sunday my husband and I went out for a wonderful breakfast before Church (my sister had the girls for the night). It was a beautiful Sunday morning! Followed by my oldest daughter and I taking my Mom out for Sushi. It was amazing! It was a wonderful Mother's Day spent with my family. I hope all of you had a great Mother's Day as well!

Unfortunately the weekend ended and I woke up for the gym around 5am Monday. Only plans changed slightly when I started with a stomach virus. I won't go into details but by 10am I was in the Emergency Room feeling like I was going to die. I hate the emeregy room especially since I have a $250 copay but it was so bad that I couldn't get out of bed anymore to make it to the bathroom and I knew I needed to get there before I had to call an ambulance.

That kind of put a downer on my day. I was at the ER for about 7 hours getting IV fluids, torodal (for pain), zofran and protonics (for nausea) and of course a little Tylenol for the fever. I'm home now still trying to recover. I'm honestly not sure how much more my body can take. It seems like one illness after the next. It's not good for my family and not at all good for my job.

I'm going back to work tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to the catch up I will be playing. I finally felt like I was getting caught up from my last illness.

I highly doubt that I will make it to the gym tomorrow. If this fever would go away I'm sure I would feel a lot better. Hopefully by Thursday I will be back to the gym.

The beach is only 4 weeks away and I really want to be able to fit into my swimsuit. Are any of you getting ready for the beach? How are you preparing to fit into your swimsuit? Or am I the only crazy one that bought a swimsuit one size too small? ;)


4 comments:

Beth said...

Make sure you wipe your machines and weights before you use them, I joined a gym this year and have been sicker than before. ( Strep, colds, stomach, virus...)

:Deliciously Healthy said...

Hope you feel better soon!!

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Beth, Thanks so much for the advice about the machines. I ussually only do it after but I think I will start doing it before and after just to be safe. :)


Thanks so much, Deliciously Healthy! I'm feeling much better today and I'm hoping to be fully recoved by tomorrow.

Shannon said...

Hope you feel better soon!

I actually fit into the bathing suit that I bought, but I'm not sure that I like the jiggle that goes along with it!! I need to tone it up seriously!

Shannon
http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin