Tuesday, March 20, 2012

It Has Come To An End

I'm still alive and doing well with the weight loss. I am getting close to my 1st goal of losing 10 pounds and getting a haircut. Yay!!! If you could see my hair right now you would definitely be cheering me on. It's embarrassingly bad right now. I have stuck to my rules. No haircut until I lose 10 pounds. I can't wait to get a new hair style.

I would say that by tomorrow morning I will be down at least 7 pounds. That means I will be in the 180's again. I can't wait to weigh myself in the morning.

The past two days my Fibromyalgia has been great. I totally believe in the power of prayer. I owe a big "thank you" to my life group for all of the prayers. God is good!

Since it has been so warm lately I have been walking around the mall at lunch time. It has been wonderful to get out of the office and walk in the warm sun. I have been walking a mile and a half each day. It takes me about 20 minutes. I figure any exercise is better than none.

Today my Fitbit said that I walked 9310 steps. I was pretty excited about that. Still loving my Fitbit! It is encouraging to see you effort in numbers.

After writing the post last week about eating a plant based diet. I received a message saying to check out Fork over Knives debugged. I googled it and it's pretty interesting. I didn't read the entire thing because I was too tired but it seems like everyone has crazy drastic ideas and who know who or what to believe.

I think I'm going back to the everything in motiration idea. Well, maybe not everything. I am totally against eating processed foods. This is something I thought I would never say. I love the taste of processed foods but they just really aren't good for you. I'm not saying that I won't ever eat processed foods again. I'm just saying that I am going to seriously limit the amount of processed foods my family will eat.

It's really odd to feel this way since the last time I lost the weight I did it eating quite a few low fat processed foods and of course everything had Splenda in it. It's funny how we learn and grow from our experiences. Now I am trying to avoid processed foods and artificial sweeteners and eat more organic foods and only sweeten with Stevia (which rarely gets used).

Well, I don't think my whole plant based diet experience was a waste. It was interesting to eat like that for two weeks. We survived without the meat and even found a few plant based meals that we liked and will continue to eat. I am thankful for the experience.

Did I mention I had ham last night. ;) My husband cooked and it was so good. It really makes you appreciate meat when you go without it. Of course we all ate it in moderation. Probably a lot more so than we would have before our plant based diet experience.

Thanks for all of the advice on plant based diet verses a meat and plant based diet. It's always great to hear other opinions.


4 comments:

Miss S. said...

I rooting for you! You can do it!

AngieG2000 said...

Great job on your weight loss! Can't wait to see your haircut.

Alissa (A Journey to Thin) said...

Great job!

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Thanks guys! I'm getting closer. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin