Sunday, March 11, 2012

Fibromyalgia and a Plant Based Diet

I seriously feel like I don't have any time for my blog lately. My job is really wearing me out. That and my kids. ;) Anyway, I am up way later than I should be typing this but I really felt the need to write a post. Not for any particular reason. Just because I miss it.

I have to start out by saying that I have the most kind, generous and thoughtful readers in the whole world. I really don't know what I would do without all of your support. Your emails and FB messages and comments on my blog mean so, so much to me. You all make me smile every day. I have give a huge shout out to one of my sweet wonderful readers. Thank you, thank you , thank you, Erin!!! Erin is such a generous person. She read my post about having trouble finding my husband Philladelphia Phillies tickets and she emailed me to give me three of hers. Seriously, does it get any sweeter than that. Thanks to Erin my husband and I will be able to make it to a Phillies game this year. We are both very excited.

Speaking of awesome blog followers. I would just like to thank all of you for the advice, suggestions and awesome links to help me with my Fibromyalgia. They have all been so helpful. I am now on a hunt for a Naturopath near me. A dear reader sent me a sweet message with a name to search for on FB. The name was Dave Frahm. He is so knowledgable. He seems like a wonderful Christian man that is helping so many fight diseases and cancer naturally. I messaged him to see if he has any links that he already wrote on Fibro or if he has any books that will help me. I can't wait to hear back from him.

I have to tell you a little about what has been going on in my life the past few weeks. I have already told you about the Shakeology drinks that I am drinking. Lost 5 pounds so far so I am very happy with it. But I have also started eating differentlly.

I normally eat like everyone else. Meat, potatoes, veggies, cheese, processed foods, fast foods or whatever is the easiest. Until a few weeks ago when a friend of mine told my sister about this move called "Forks Over Knives". Don't buy it if you have Netflix. I bought it but I heard it was on Netflix after I already ordered. I ordered it from Amazon and it wasn't very expensive. I also ordered the Forks Over Knives book.

I started watching the movie and I thought it was going to tell me how gross it is that they put hormoes or other things in the meat we eat. I was completely wrong. It talks a lot about the corrilation between meats/dairy to cancer. The studies they have done are amazing.

This move was one more push to eat more plant based food and less of the processed food, meats and dairy. I am actually on week 2 of eating this way. Week one was easy and hard at the same time. I like meat but for the most part I can do without. My husband and childrens have had a little more trouble adjusting. My husband likes the plant based food that I have made and my girls like some of it but honestly my husband doesn't really care about the cancer/meat issue and my girls are so used to eating meats and milk products that it is a hard adjustment.

I don't want to do this just for myself and let them eat regular food. That would toatly defeat my whole purpose of trying to prevent cancer and make us healthier.

. I worked so hard thie week and last to make healthy plant based meals for my family. My husband likes it but still makes comments about not having meat. My three year old screams because she want mac and cheese and my 7 year old loved dinner tonight but was trying to sneak gummy worms later in the evening.

So I came to bed thinking "Is it really worth it?". I am so exhausted from trying to find recipes that the whole family will like, doing the grocery shopping and cooking all of this food. It is so much harder than regular cooking. Unless I'm doing something wrong? ;)

I told my husband tonight that I'm thinking about just doing regular food but using more plant based ingredients and using less meat based food. He of course like that idea.

Just last week I got a message from a old friend of mine who suggested that I check out this weeksite (DAES). The auther of this blog wrote a series called "31 days of no medication". She seems like a great lady adn I am still reading it. She also suggest a plant based diet.

When I got into bed I received a message from the sweet follower who suggested I check out Dave Frahm on facebook. He is a Nuturolist. He of course recommends a plant based diet.

So can this all just be coincidence? I don't know. Is God trying to tell me something? I am completely serious.

I went to bed thinking that I was going to stop this plant based diet because it is so hard but now I don't know. I know I sound crazy but I really want to make sure I do what is best for myself and my family.

Do any of you have any experience with a plant based diet? Any suggestions on what I should do ? :)


2 comments:

arlene said...

I so feel for you with your diagnosis of fibromyalgia. I too found out that that is what I had, after suffering for several years of tests and more tests and feeling 100 years old. I really thought I had MS it was so bad. One year ago I decided to go vegetarian. I did it for only two weeks. I had so much pain and inflammation I thought I was going to be crippled. I then found a video on youtube called "Sugar: The Bitter Truth" which led me to "Fat Heads" which is on Netflix. I highly recommend both. Please watch them before you make a big change. I changed my diet as those movies recommended and withing weeks I had lost a significant amount of weight and since then, my fibromyalgia is gone!!! I am just someone who had my eyes opened and my life transformed. I've not had sugar or grains in one year, and I've lost over 40 lbs and 6 inches on my waist alone!!
God Bless you, and I pray you find what helps you get healthy again. I now have my life back!!

Brad and Lisa said...

I like the premise of Forks over Knives, but if you google "debunk forks over knives" it talks about how the show didn't completely divulge all the information from the studies...only the parts that promoted what they wanted to say. That being said, I think that less meat and dairy is a good thing...more plants is better and organic is the only way to go because if you are eating plants that are filled with pesticides, then that is linked to cancer too. Everything in moderation.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin