Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Great Crockpot Recipe

Today was a great day! I started out with my devotional at 6:45 this morning. 15 minutes later then planned but I still did it. :) It was wonderful to have some quiet time and the devotional I am reading is great so far.

Work went really well. It felt good to be back. It was a long day but I enjoyed it. I really do love my job. I just don't love how tired I feel when I get home at night.

The crockpot meal was great! The crockpot liners were even better. No clean-up is the way to go. I made crockpot Balsamic Chicken, Smart Taste Rotini noodles and a salad. Very tasty and filling. Here is the recipe.

Balsamic Chicken
Skinny Ms. Slow Cooker

Ingredients:
4-6 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
2 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes1 onion thinly sliced (Not chopped)
4 garlic cloves
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tblsp olive oil1 tsp each: dried oregano,basil, and rosemary
1/2 tsp thyme
ground black pepper and salt to taste

Preparation:
Pour the olive oil on bottom of crock pot. place in chicken breasts, salt and pepper each breast, put sliced onion on top of chickenthen put in all the dried herbs and garlic cloves. pour in vinegar and top with tomatoes,Cook on high 4 hours, serve over angel hair pasta.

















Tomorrow night we are going out for dinner with friends which should save me a little time on cooking and cleaning up.






I think I did great with the amount of exercise I got in today. I forgot to upload my fitbit to the site before I came to bed and I am to lazy to go down stairs and do it now. I will have to check it out tomorrow. I did a lot of walking at work today and I also played Just Dance 2 on the Wii with the girls tonight. I love it! I get to spend time having fun with my girls and get some exercise in.






Tomorrow comes way too quickly so I am going to cut this post short. If any of you would like to use my menu plan for the month please feel free to do so. Click here and it will take you to the post with my menu. You can find all of the recipes on my site. Just use the search box at the top left of my blog to find each one.






Goodnight!






I almost forgot to post about today's lunch. It was excellent. The chicken salad was better then I remembered and the brocco sprouts tasted so good on it. Here's a pic.





5 comments:

Christina said...

I was reading some of your earlier posts and I would love to hear more about the FitBit u got. Does it work really well, are u satisfied with it? Would u rather have had the Bodybug now that u have it? I'm considering getting one and just wanting to know what your experience is. Thanks.

fancy nancy said...

I'm totally trying this next week!! I'm all about using my crock pot...nothing is better than coming home and dinner is DONE!!

Anna said...

I've wanted to try the crockpot liners...I even bought a box, but I keep imagining them melting into my food! Maybe I'll try some the next time I use my crockpot.

And your chicken salad looks wonderful!

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Christina, I am going to try to write about the fitbit today. I do love it!

Fancy Nancy, I think you will love it! All of the recipes I did this week were in the crockpot and they all turned out great and such easy clean-up with the liners.

Anna, You will love the liners. Definitely give them a try. They don't melt onto anything and they make clean-up a breeze. So worth the money!

Anna said...

I tried the crockpot liners today; and you're right, I love them! The food didn't burn (like it usually does), and I don't have to soak the insert for 5 hours before I can wash it! So glad you posted about them :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin