Thursday, January 19, 2012

And The Number Is... Week 1 Weigh In

I finally have the chance to sit down and write this post. I have only been wanting to write it for about a week. :)

Last Friday when I weighed in I was 196 pounds. Yep, I thought the same thing. Yikes!

I had my husband take a picture of me this weekend to use as my before picture on my sidebar. I really don't want to post it but I am going to do it anyway. I'm hoping it will give me more motivation to actually lose the weight.






I weigh in tomorrow and I am excited to see what I have accomplished this week. I have done very well this week despite the craziness of it.


I have already set my first goal and of course it is 10 pounds. It worked for me in the past so I'm going to go with it again. I decided to reward myself with each ten pound goal just to give me a little more incentive. When I reach my first 10 pound goal I am going to get a nice new hair cut and color. I need it terribly so I am hoping having a bad hair day every day until I lose the 10 pounds will be incentive enough. So far it feels like torture but it may just work. ;)



I will post the picture on my sidebar later tonight and continue to post every ten pounds.

I have realized that my new favorite dessert/breakfast is pumpkin rice pudding. You mix 2 tbsp or more with a container of Jello Sugar Free Rice Pudding. It is amazing and such a great way to get in some extra fiber. Love it!



One of my breakfasts from this week





Last Night's Dinner - "The Most Amazing Meatloaf Ever"



This weeks menu had a lot more recipes that didn't involve the crockpot. I noticed that if was a lot harder this week for me to have everything in order and dinner on the table at a decent hour this week. I still managed to have dinner on the table but I had a lot more whining going on while I was making it and some starving kids by the time it was all done. I think I will stick with more crockpot meals in the future.



3 comments:

Laura Jane @ Recovering Chocoholic said...

Sounds like you did great this week! I also restarted at the beginning of the year.

Kimberlea Scott said...

Well, I think you look wonderful. I also think that's great motivation and way to keep yourself inspired to keep up the good work. I hope next week goes a bit more smoother for you, and good luck on your weigh in when it happens. No matter what it says, just focus on the positive changes you're making for yourself, because that is never a bad idea. Oh, and thank you so much for turning me on to the breakfast sandwich dipped in the syrup. It is my new favorite breakfast, but now I'm beyond curious about the pumpkin rice pudding idea lol. I'll be trying that soon! Have a great weekend :D

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Thanks, Laura Jane! It was a good week. I hope you are doing well with your new plan. :)

Kimberlea, Thanks for being so sweet. I really hope the pictures help. I know that they did in the past. I'm so glad you like the breakfast sandwich. I at least know that I am not crazy now and that is truely is good. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin