Friday, October 7, 2011

Bacon or Dog Treats???

I did it! I finally rejoined Weight Watchers. I thought I would dread doing it but honestly I am really excited about it. I made the decision yesterday and I think it was the right one. I has become quite apparent to me that I can't do it on my own. I didn't start off doing it on my own last time so I'm not really sure why I thought I could this time. I guess I was just being stubborn. :)

Yesterday I did well tracking my points and eating healthy. I was a little hungry when I went to bed and then ended up getting up in the middle of the night and ate 3 Fiber One Brownies and a few Amy's organic crackers. I seem to have this problem every time I start being strict. I am going to fight the urge to get up and eat tonight.

Here is what I ate the past two days. I love that I can just copy and paste my log on here.

PointsPlus® Tracker entries

Thursday, October 06, 2011Morning
1 item(s) Oven Toasted Flatbread Sandwiches Egg White Turkey Sausage Flatbread Sandwich 7
Subtotal 7
Midday
2 bar(s) TLC Crunchy bar, pumpkin spice flax 5
1 Turkey Tortellini Soup 9
Subtotal 14
Evening
2 pattie(s) Morningstar Veggie Chik pattie original 7
2 item(s) Whitewheat Whitewheat hamburger buns 6
2 Tbsp Light Mayonnaise 2
1 cup(s) lettuce 0
1 large banana(s) 0
1 cup(s) tomato(es) 0
Subtotal 15
Anytime
No entries for this meal time.
Subtotal 0
Food PointsPlus values total used 36
Food PointsPlus values remaining 0








PointsPlus® Tracker entries

Friday, October 07, 2011Morning
4 strip(s) Morningstar Veggie breakfast bacon strips 3
2 slice(s) 100% whole wheat bread 2
1/2 serving(s) amy's organic crackers 2
3 serving(s) fiber one brownies 7
Subtotal 14
Midday
1 item(s) Grilled Chicken Sandwich on roll w/o Mayo 9
1 large banana(s) 0
1 cookie(s) Pumpkin chocolate chip Cookie 7
Subtotal 16
Evening
1 medium baked sweet potato, with salt 3
2 serving(s) Green Beans 0
1 serving(s) gorton's shrimp 5
Subtotal 8
Anytime
No entries for this meal time.
Subtotal 0
Food PointsPlus values total used 38
Food PointsPlus values remaining 0


This is what the veggie bacon looked like. When I saw it I was very skeptical. It actually looks disgusting. More like a dog treat then bacon. I decided to make a bacon sandwich with it this morning. My Mimi used to make bacon sandwiches for me when I was little and I have always loved them. But of course my Mimi used the real butter and real bacon to make her butter sandwiches. Yum! Boy do I miss those day and my Mimi. :(


I made the Pudget Bacon Sandwich and I am thrilled to tell you that it was awesome! Not quite the same as my Mimi's but definitely a good substitute. :) I used 4 slices of Morningstar Veggie bacon and 2 slices of Weight Watchers toast with a little spray butter.


Even though the bacon looked like a dog treat it was actually really good and very low in points. I am definitely going to be using this veggie bacon in a lot of my cooking. It will make my meals so much healthier.



This next picture is tonight's dinner. I made a baked sweet potato with spray butter, Stevia, and Cinnamon. I also made green beans and I grilled a bag of Gortons shrimp. It was amazing shrimp. I would definitely recommend buying a bag when it is on sale.


Now I am getting ready to go to sleep. I had an exhausting week at work and I am ready to get some good sleep. If my nephew isn't sick tomorrow I will be going to the covered bridge festival to check out all of the great arts and crafts. I just need to watch out for awesome tasting food.


Wish me luck! :)



1 comment:

Twix said...

Good luck!! :)

All the food looks tasty. And I had no idea about the veggie bacon even existing. Sounds interesting!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin