Monday, September 26, 2011

What Should I Do???

I have been so upset lately. I have been doing so well with the way I eat at work and then the second I get home I start to binge. Some days it happens while I am cooking, other days after dinner and some days it's right before bed.

It's crazy! How can I feel great all day long and then go home and eat everything in sight. I don't even think about food while I am working. I force myself to eat lunch on some days because I am not always hungry.

All I know is that I am miserable. I just told my husband that it isn't the fact that I gained weight or how I look that is bothering me. It's the fact that I am out of control with my eating. I always feel so guilty when I go to bed because I ate things that I shouldn't have.

It really has been stressing me out. I feel so good and then around 6pm I start to feel exhausted, the kids start whining and hanging on me, I have to cook dinner, clean up, do laundry and some days we add soccer into the mix and then I just fall apart. I eat whatever I can find.

I know it seems like going to bed when I get tired would be an easy solution. Unfortunately, that is just not possible. There is no way to fit my whole day into a 7am to 7pm time period. I would love that but it just isn't going to happen. I just don't know what to do.

My whole eating issue seems to stem from being too tired. I feel great and happy and don't even care about eating until I get too tired to hold my head up and then I can't stop eating. I really need to fix this problem or I am going to go crazy! Either that or I am going to gain all of my weight back.

At least I know what is causing my problem. Now I just need to find the solution.

Any ideas???


9 comments:

Beth said...

Maybe have dinner fixed before you go to work- crock pot or casserole in fridge or something in the freezer. Eat it on paper plates so there is less clean up and then have a couple of healthy snacks waiting for you for when that binge feeling hits. Make yourself eat an apple before you eat anything else or a little bag of carrots. Call your sister and talk about your day, or watch the kids play in the back yard. Chew a bunch of low calorie gum or brush and floss your teeth. I like Oprah's don't eat after 7pm rule, so I'll just have to wait until breakfast. Your blog is an inspiration to me.

❀❀ Dawn (Lay Down My Idols) ❀❀ said...

Are you actually hungry when you are binging or are you tired?
One thing I would do is plan ahead of time what you will eat (not your family - you). Sit for 5 minutes when you get home and take that time to unwind and have something to stave off the hunger and stress.
If you can - use your slow cooker so that when you get home, it's made dinner for you! :) (sort of)
I'm out & about all week and I find that I need to do this for my sanity - because I know that when I'm exhausted it's not good for anyone, especially me.
Another thing I find helps is PGX. It's a fibre supplement which I eat around 4pm with a yogurt - it fills you up and then I drink my water (which is important esp. w/ PGX).
One more thing - the doctor that I see at the Weight Management Clinic says that he never wants us to eat when we are hungry - which sounds strange. But the idea is to constantly fuel our metabolisms so we don't get out of control and so hungry we'll eat anything. That one really, really helps me!
Hope those tips encourage you?!
Dawn

Sarah said...

Overeaters Anonymous and the 12 steps (based on asking for God's help with food) is what has helped me... A LOT. Check out oa.org. There are in person meetings, but also online and telephone ones which are way more convenient for me.

fancy nancy said...

I have the same issue. I do really well during the day and then I get home from school and it is like an all-you-can-eat buffet! I have tried to have a preportioned snack waiting for me on the counter, going outside and doing something with my daughter, doing something with my hands, or chewing gum. At least you have an idea of what your struggle is. You WILL get a handle on this! Good luck!

AngieG2000 said...

Night eating is my downfall, too. At work, I have my meals planned, and I can usually stay in control. At home, though, I just can't seem to watch what I eat. I'm especially bad about eating ice cream or other snacks right before bed. Not good, but it seems so yummy at the time. :) I'm looking forward to other people's comments. I need the advice, too.

girlsmama said...

Making sure I sit down and enjoy my supper is a big one for me. If I take the 30 or 40 minutes to sit, relax, and interact with my family I feel fulfilled and can make it through the night without munching. I also allow myself a before bed snack. It's either a piece of fruit and cheese or a yogurt.

Jennie@What the 4h? said...

It doesn't sound like you're eating because you are tired. It sounds like you are eating because you are stress eating.

Stress eating is my main problem. I can't tell you what to try because I haven't figured it out for myself.

Lock your self in the bathroom for a quick relaxing shower. Good luck. You are an inspriation to all of us. "don't let that ol' devil get ya down". He's just tryin to steal your joy. Don't let him.

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Thank you so much for all of your support! I am definately going to be using some of your great ideas. :) I picked up some healthy snacks and fruit at the store yesterday and I think that planning is the key. I hope we can all do this together!

Your Sister said...

Your best bet is to have another Pudget sister's weight loss challenge with your sister :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin