Thursday, September 1, 2011

Still Not In The 180's

I was hoping to be in the 180's by now but unfortunately I'm not. I am at 193 and I'm not happy about it. Although I completely deserve it with the way I have been eating.

The past two weeks of my new job have just flown by. I am definitely having trouble with working full time and trying to take care of my family. It can be very stressful. I have been a stay at home mom for the past 4 years and it is really hard for me to give up on some of the things that I did for my family when I was a stay at home mom. I'm trying to do it all and it is getting a bit overwhelming. I need to figure out a way to fit everything into my new schedule or should I say how to not fit everything into my new schedule without feeling guilty.

I am still struggling with finding enough time in the day to cook healthy meals. My first week and a half I had all of the meals planned out and it worked great. This week I didn't have any planned and it was a disaster. I know what I am going to be doing this Holiday weekend. Planning my meals for the next two Weeks. I have noticed that the crockpot meals seem to work the best for my schedule. The only problem I am having is that I am gone for so long that my meals are a bit overcooked by the time I get home but it's better then having to wait an hour to eat each night. My family seems to get a bit crabby when they don't get dinner until 7:30pm ;).

So crockpot meals it is! Now it is time to find some healthy crockpot recipes. I found a few low-fat crockpot cookbooks on amazon. I think I may have to buy one in the very near future.

Exercise seems to be completely out of the picture for the next week or two. I need to get a hang of this working mom schedule before I can add anything else to it. I hope that once I get into the swing of things I will be able to find some time to start exercising again.

I hope all of you are having better luck at keeping your weight going in the right direction. If you are please send some tips my way. :)

The one thing that I have really found to be affecting my weight loss is the lack of sleep. Not only is it causing me to feel the need to eat more but it is also causing me to have migraines and feel miserable. I think a lot of my sleeping issues are coming from my Fibromyalgia, and the stress of not having enough time in the day to get everything done.

Lack of sleep has affected my weight in the past and I know that I really need to get a hold of it before it gets out of control.

I just want the numbers on the scale to start going down!!!!!!!!!!!






11 comments:

Joy said...

What about putting your crockpot on a timer plug?

Natasha said...

I've heard that most people eat the same basic meals over and over. Maybe if you make a menu for 2 weeks you can just re-use that one over and over and plug a few new recipes each go round to keep things interesting.
Also, you might see what cookbooks you can find at the library.
:) Natasha

Laura Jane @ Recovering Chocoholic said...

The working full time schedule can be tough. You hit the nail on the head when you said you need to learn to not feel guilty about things you don't fit into your schedule. I think the guilt of those things can really hinder us. I personally go with very convenient, healthy food throughout the week. On the weekends I cook more. I also have the same problem with crockpot meals being a tad overcooked.

fancy nancy said...

I take a whole chicken...you have to skin it which is yucky. Then I put a layer of lemon slices all over it and some inside with rosemary all over too....put abut a cup of chicken broth in the bottom....yum-o!

❀❀ Dawn (Lay Down My Idols) ❀❀ said...

Or even if you cook a couple of meals but double them - and put one in the freezer? That really works for me. I've tried the Once a Month Cooking but it was exhausting - doubling up is better for me! I just picked up a little recipe booklet from Walmart by Taste of Home called "freezer meals" or something like that - quite a few nice ideas for quick, but yummy meals!
I would think that it will just take some time to get yourself into the swing of things - starting a new job when you're used to being a full-time homemaker isn't easy - maybe you need to cut yourself some slack? Make a plan for your own eating - so you can stay on track - and then work on plans for one week at a time? ((( hugs )))
Dawn

McNeill Family said...

Don't spend the money on a crockpot cookbook!! I have liked Crockpot Girls on facebook and there are recipes galore!!!! I will suggest it on your facebook page!

McNeill Family said...

Do NOT spend the money on a cookbook. Like Crockpot Girls on facebook...they have TONS of recipes right there!

Erica said...

No need to spend money on a book! Use this page on FB...recipes are in discussions and there are TONS...lots healthy too!

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/Crockpotgirls

If the link doesn't work, just search crock pot girls on Facebook! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

You might also try cooking a protein, such as chicken that can be used in several planned meals throughout the week. Clean and chop veggies and fruits in advance. I have even read that you can freeze cooked rice. Finally make large batches of pasta sauce, soups, or Mexican taco meat and then freeze for future meals. Hope this helps.

Jess said...

I just re-joined WW today. I did well on it before. I hated to spend the money, but it is time to get back on track.

I hope you are able to get your schedule worked out. It is not easy to be a working mom.

I found a group on Facebook called Skinny Crock Pot. I haven't had time to check it out, but I'm hoping to find some good recipes.

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Thanks for all of the great ideas! You guys are awesome!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin