Monday, September 5, 2011

I Love Little Blue People!

I'm finally getting into the swing of things since I started working two and a half weeks ago. Now I am hoping to get back to losing some weight. Today was not a good start to this weeks weight loss.



Although, this weekend was one of the best weekends I have had in a really long time. I had a great time with my family and I got a lot accomplished around the house. If only every weekend could last for three days!


My husband wasn't feeling very good on Saturday so the girls and I had a "Girls Day". We had so much fun together even though we all came home exhausted and with a few injuries. ;) We started the morning off going to see the movie "Smurfs". I you haven't seen it you really should. It was seriously the cutest movie I have seen in a really long time. I loved it! Then I took the girls for lunch at Wendy's and after lunch we went to the Roller Skating Rink. It was so much fun to go skating. I took the girls skating this past winter and we all had so much fun so I thought it would be a good activity for a Saturday afternoon. Not only was it fun but we all worked up a such a sweat that I am sure two hours of roller skating was a good form of exercise. :)




Your probably wondering where the injury comes into play. My six year old fell skating and hurt her wrist. It hurt for about 24 hours but she hasn't complained of it all day today so I think we are good. The only injury that I had were swollen ankles. I think it probably has something to do with my Firbromyalgia. Hopefully they will be better by tomorrow. :) My three year old came home with no injuries. She is a little skating machine! That is of course before the no-nap meltdown. Actually, both of the girls did very well skating. They both stuck it out even through all of the falls.


I love days like Saturday. It was just so nice to spend the whole day with my girls doing fun things that we all enjoy. They are growing up way to fast and I want to someday look back at these years and remember all of the great times we had.


On another positive note I did great with what I ate all day Saturday plus I got in lots of exercise at the skating rink!


Sunday was another semi-fun day. I say semi-fun because I spent half of the day catching up on house work. The morning we spent at Church and the evening we spent at my parents. It just doesn't get much better then that! Did I mention I even steam cleaned my floors. It wasn't fun but boy do the carpets look good!


Today was wonderful because I had the day off of work. An extra day to my weekend just made me so happy!!! We spent the day at my husband's family's 1oth Annual Pig Roast. We always have a great time and I was so worried that the weather was going to ruin the day for us. The weather wasn't great but we didn't let that stop us from having a really good time. The girls had fun playing with their cousins and my husband and I had fun spending time with his family. They are awesome people and I am so blessed to have all of them in my life.





The only downside to today is that I didn't control myself very well around the food. I ate way too much stuffing and gravy and dessert. I think I would have been perfectly happy if the only foods at the picnic were stuffing, gravy and cherry cheese pie. Every thing was great but these three things were exceptional. Can you tell I have very rich taste. :)


Tomorrows a new day and a start to a new work week. I am going to start it off right with one of my favorite smoothies. I think it will be the Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudget Power Smoothie. My husband picked up some organic spinach and bananas for me so I should be set for tomorrow's breakfast.


I hope you all enjoyed your Labor Day Weekend as much as I did and I hope you were able to control you eating better then I did! ;)


1 comment:

❀❀ Dawn (Lay Down My Idols) ❀❀ said...

Looks like you had a fun time! I've only roller skated once - a long time ago - I'd love to roller blade though (I should have tried it when I still had a little one in a stroller - so I'd have something to hold on to!!) ... GREAT exercise!
Oh and great that you enjoyed the Smurfs -- I always like to know of good movies to watch!
Dawn

Blog Widget by LinkWithin