Thursday, September 8, 2011

Flood 2011

Please pray for the people in my area. We had horrible flooding the past few days. My home has not suffered any damage but so many around me have. Is it so devastating to see all of the pictures from around my home of other homes and businesses that have been damaged or are still underwater.

Here are some pictures that I took Thursday evening at the bridge right next to my house.








My husband and girls standing in front of the flooded road in front of the bridge.






The Susquehanna flooding the town I grew up in. You can see the Susquehanna river in the back of this picture.







At this point the Susquehanna had just come across the road. The right side of the picture is someones back yard.







They ended up closing the bridge while we were on it because of the water covering the entire road. These pictures don't even show the worst of it. The river rose so much more after I took these pictures.

We saw so much debris floating away. we even saw a whole porch floating down the river. It was just so crazy!

The town that I work in is still under a state of emergency. The damage is horrible. I have many friends that are finally able to get back into their homes to find that their entire 1st floor ruined. There has been so much lost. It is still so hard for me to believe that this is all happening around me.


The picture below is the roller skating rink I told you I was at last weekend. It's hard to believe that seven days later it is filled with water. It's all so sad.






I could go on and on about the devastation I have seen just in these past few days. I am so grateful for my home and my family being safe. My heart aches for those who have lost so much. I can't stop thinking about everything that has happened, what people have lost and how they must feel right now. It is heart breaking that so many people lost so much and now they have to go back and clean up the huge mess.

Tomorrow I go back to work for the first time since Wednesday. I am not looking forward to hearing of all of the sadness and loss but I am hoping that I will be able to find a way to help those in need.

Again, please keep the people of Central Pennsylvania in your prayers. So many people are displaced from there homes right now and will have a lot to clean as they are able to return home.


5 comments:

fancy nancy said...

Thank you for bringing this to my mind....sending prayers south to all of you!

girlsmama said...

You are in my prayers! I was flying from CA to UT yesterday and sat next to the nicest Red Cross Volunteer on his way to your area. Thinking of you and your town!

MB said...

Saying prayers for so many suffering from the floods. Glad you and yours are safe. Take care.

AngieG2000 said...

Sending thoughts and prayers to your town.

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Thank you so much for all of the prayers for everyone affected by the flood.

That is so cool that you met one of the Red Cross workers on your trip. I didn't realize that Red Cross workers even come from out of state. That is so awesome! They really are helping so much.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin