Friday, August 19, 2011

I Love My Crockpot!

Thanks you all for the sweet comments on yesterdays post. I'm so glad it is Friday and that I get to sleep in a little tomorrow. I'm not used to this getting up early thing. ;)

The only good part about waking up early this morning was that I stepped on the scale and weighed 191.2. I'm getting there! Almost in the 180's.

Tomorrow I have to work a few hours because we are putting on a fashion show in the mall. I spent a lot of my time the past few days working on it and I am really excited to see it tomorrow. We have some great giveaways and I can't wait to see the winner's faces! It's going to be so much fun!

I cooked another crockpot meal for dinner tonight. I put it together last night and kept it in the fridge overnight and plugged it in this morning. It was crockpot lasagna and it was awesome! I found a recipe in a Southern Living cookbook and my whole family loved it. It wasn't meant to be a crockpot recipe but I figured it would probably work. It had 1lb lean hamburger, 12 oz fat free cottage cheese, an egg, 2 cups of 2% mozzarella cheese, a big bag of frozen chopped spinach, 1 jar of spaghetti sauce ( I used 1 1/2 jars) , garlic powder and lasagna noodles(broken up). I cooked the hamburger last night and then mixed it with everything else and then put it the fridge. It was nice to not have to boil the noodles. I will definitely make this recipe again!

It's 8 pm and I am exhausted and ready for bed. I think it's story time with the girls and then time to go to sleep. I must really be getting old. :)

Have a great weekend and again thank you so much for all of your sweet and helpful comments yesterday!


6 comments:

AngieG2000 said...

So glad that things are going well, and congrats on your new job! Enjoy your weekend!
~Angie

girlsmama said...

I love my crock pot too! I use it a couple nights a week when we have practices that run late. It works really well when we can't all eat together as I can keep it on warm and everyone eats when they can.

fancy nancy said...

Way to go!!! I love my crock pot!!! I don't use it much in the summer but during the school year I try to use it at least once a week! Love it!

Chubby McGee said...

COME ON, 180s!!!!

You've got this. ;)

Definitely Deals said...

I love my crockpot too. It is a great way to stay on budget as well. I just made a beef stew with my left over roast, potatoes and carrots...it was yummy.
Just think...180's is just around the corner. You can do it.

Jen

faithfulgyrl said...

I'm glad I found your blog. I also love to cook on a budget. I'm kind of cheap and don't like to spend a lot of money. The crockpot lasagna recipe sounds yummy!

Thanks for sharing :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin