Monday, August 8, 2011

Exhaustion = Lack Of Motivation

Sorry I have been missing the last week and a half. I spent all of last week helping at my Church's Vacation Bible School. It was so much fun but very exhausting. I was a Cheerleader Huddle Coach for 16 girls ages 6-9. I never realized how much energy 16 little girls can have. :)


Here are some pictures of my daughters at Sports Camp.









It made for a super busy week when combined with the normal day to day activities and soccer practice starting up.


I didn't run at all for the past week and a half. I had no time or energy left to get on the treadmill. I am hoping to be able to get back into it this week. I need to get back to writing my Running Skirts Monday posts.


Not only did I not run but I also didn't do a great job at eating healthy. I was so busy that I just ate whatever was available without worrying about how good or bad it was for me. I didn't binge. I just wasn't careful. It's not a great excuse but sometimes being exhausted can make you lose all motivation to care about eating healthy.


I plan to get back on track as of today. I even resisted the donuts at Bible Study this morning. :) Honestly I had my coffee and I was happy with that. I am hoping the past week didn't completely ruin the weight I had lost. I was down to 194 but as of Friday I was up to 197. I will give you an update tomorrow morning when I step on the scale again.


I am sick of the ups and downs. I am ready to just have downs with maybe and occasional up. :) It's time to get serious. It's time to get back to planning, cooking healthy and really watching my portions.


My main focus this week is going to be to drink lots of water. That always seemed to help in the past. The more I drank, the more I lost. It probably just made me feel fuller but it worked. I'm going to give it a try. Of course I am going to work on everything else but water will be my main priority for the week.


How much water do you try to drink each day?




1 comment:

Beth said...

Do you do much freezer and/or slow cooking? Those things save my butt big time. I'm not using my crock pot so much during the summer but during the fall and winter I slow cook and freeze single portion sized servings of soup which I eat for lunch every day. In the summer I'm all about salad and have taken to preparing a huge container of lettuce and shredded carrots every Sunday. It's such a help. My other healthy eating strategy in the summer is to keep plenty of fruit around for fruit salads at dinner (for some reason I never thought of serving fruit as a side dish) and cut up veggies for crudite platters. Not necessarily cheap but so incredibly easy.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin