Monday, July 25, 2011

I Have A Secret!

Last Wednesday I came home to a package on my porch. I don't know about you but I love coming home to a surprise package!






I was actually shocked by what I found inside! It was an Azure Dot Athletic Skirt by Running Skirts!









Over a year ago RunningSkirts asked me if I would be on their review committee. I just assumed they forgot about me until Wednesday that is. I was super excited to get this adorable skirt in the mail. I have heard so many great things about this company and I couldn't wait to try out one of their skirts!







The only problem is that when they asked my size I gave them the size that I was over a year ago. Unfortunately when my weight went up so did my skirt size. :(







I decided that I was going to give it a try anyway. Unfortunately thirty pounds does make a difference. Sorry about the missing head. My six year old daughter took the picture.








But when I put the skirt on I had a great idea. Why not use the (way too small) skirt to help motivate myself to lose weight.







So my little secret is that as of today I am adding a new feature to my blog. It will be called RunningSkirts Monday. Every Monday I will be adding a new post to this section that will include an updated picture of me in my Athletic Skirt by RunningSkirts and an update on my running progress.







I was so excited to give my skirt a try that I actually ran last Thursday, Friday and Today. I will post my stats below. Just remember that it has been awhile since I've run or exercised in any way for that matter. Of course I didn't run outside because there was no way I would go out in public running in a skirt that doesn't fit. I used the treadmill instead because I really wanted to try out my new skirt from RunningSkirts.




Here are my treadmill running stats for my past three runs:

7/21/11 - 36 min - walk 3mph/run 4mph - 5/5/5/5/5/5/5 - 268 cal. - 1.94 miles

7/22/11 - 35 mom - walk 3mph/run 4.3mph - 5/10/5/7/5 - 284 cal. -2.02 miles

7/25/11 - 40 min. - walk 3mph/run 4.3mph - 5/10/5/10/10 - 332 cal. - 2.33 miles


I think it's a good start. I was actually surprised that I could run for more then 90 seconds at a time. I wasn't expecting to be able to run for ten minutes at a time. I really think my new Athletic Skirt helped. I know that 4.3 mph might not sound much like running to some of you but for my short legs it's as fast as they will move right now. Hopefully I can pick up the pace soon. :)

I hope you are all as excited about my RunningSkirts Monday updates as I am. It is going to be great to see the way my body changes in my Skirt each week! I hope that it will help encourage all of you as much as I think it will help encourage me.

If you have never heard of RunningSkirts before be sure to click on the link and check them out. They truly are amazing! If you have heard of them make sure you check out the new Spring/Summer collection. You will love it!

I really wasn't convinced until I tried to run in my skirt. Not only are they adorable but they are so comfortable. They have no chafe flat seams and they have a longer inseam for thigh protection and a fit that does not ride up. Really, they don't ride up at all! I was very impressed. I have never worn such comfortable athletic wear before this. I am convinced that the clothing you exercise in can definitely effect your performance. Now that I have tried my new Athletic Skirt from RunningSkirts I don't want to go back to wearing anything else. I can't wait to try some of the other adorable products they make.

Thanks RunningSkirts! I love my new Athletic Skirt!!!


4 comments:

AngieG2000 said...

Cute skirt! I'm excited to see you updates. The only thing is that I think I would get the thigh "chub rub" if I wore a skirt while running. ha!

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Thanks Angie! I'm glad you are excited about my updates. :)

I have to tell you that the whole "chub rub" thing does not exist with this skirt. I'm not sure about the Running Skirts because they doen't have the same shorts under them but the Athletic Skirt that they send me totally elliminates any rubbing of your thighs. I really think that is why I could run longer then I expected. It made my run so much more comfortable. I am seriously thrilled with this product!

Jen said...

love the skirt. and you are such a motivator. I couldn't even run one mile if I tried...too much of a clutz

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Super cute skirt. can't wait to see your progress.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin