Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Day Full Of Smoothies




I spent the morning at the Dentist's office. I broke a big piece of my tooth off eating cauliflower yesterday for lunch. So not fun!







Yeserday's lunch - I didn't make it to the yogurt. I lost my appetite after breaking my tooth.




My Dentist is awesome and she was able to save the tooth. It had a cavity in it which caused it to break. I am thanking God right now that it was able to be filled and that I didn't have to have a root canal. I have never had one before but I heard they are horrible.


The only problem I had was that my mouth wouldn't get numb. I had to have several shots before it finally was numb and still I felt a little pain every once in a while. It was so odd. I am so glad it is all over with and that I have such a sweet Dentist to fix my teeth. :)


Hopefully the numbness will go away soon so that I can run. I don't think I can run with this odd feeling in my mouth.


It looks like it is going to be a day full of smoothies for me!




-------------------------------------------------------------------------







Do any of you have a weird fear of having your teeth worked on? I actually almost had an anxiety attack yesterday when I broke my tooth. My Dentists are so wonderful and sweet so I hate to dread going to get my teeth worked on but I can't seem to control the anxiety I have. Is this normal? I really don't want my girls to see my anxiety because then they will be afraid to go for check-ups. Any suggestions on dealing with this anxiety?







-------------------------------------------------------------------------



2 comments:

Ruby said...

Hate going! With a passion! I even have nightmares of my teeth breaking:( lol

Susan said...

I've had one root canal and it actually was not that bad! The most painful part was holding my mouth open for over an hour. My jaw hurt and my lips got chapped.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin