Friday, July 8, 2011

Adding Calories To My Diet

I can't believe it is Friday already! I have had such a wonderful and crazy past two weeks with my family and friends. Then of course I had to do a little catching up around the house. Laundry, dishes, vacuum, dusting, mopping and so much more. Fun, fun!



I also groomed both of the dogs. I started doing this myself a few months ago and I am saving a ton of money and the dogs look great. I am very pleased that I can do this myself rather then spending $30 a piece on them at the groomer.




Yesterday I did something that I have never done before. I cut my daughters hair. I figured that if it turned out too bad I could take them to a hair salon and get it cut. I have to say that it didn't turn out too bad. MJ's was easy because her hair is curly and hides any imperfections. Which is a good thing because she wouldn't sit still. :) Maddie on the other hand has poker straight hair. It was very hard to get all of the hair the same length. I played with it quite a bit and it turned out cute. She is happy with it and that's what really matters. Here are some pictures of there new hair cuts.























My niece also celebrated her 100 days last week. Her father is Korean and this is something that they celebrate in Korea. I had to share the picture because she is so adorable. :)






We celebrated the 4th of July at my sister and brother-in-law's house. We had so much fun! I got to play volleyball so that made my day. :) I love volleyball but I haven't gotten to play much since college.




This is a picture of the girls on the 4th of July before the picnic.



I forgot how crazy, busy summer is. It seems like every weekend is packed with parties and picnics. This weekend is going to be another busy one. I am really looking forward to it. I will post pictures of it next week.



"Lose It"


I have still been tracking my calories. It is so easy to do on the "Lose It" app. on my phone. I did end up upping my calories yesterday. 1300 seemed to be so few calories. I went over my calories (big time) every day and still lost weight. I decided that it might be easier for me to stay within my calorie range if it was more reasonable.


I changed the setting in the "Lose It" app. to losing 1 1/2 pounds per week instead of two. This gave me about 300 more calories a day. I wouldn't be surprised if I still lost two pounds per week even eating this many calories. I will post the calories that I ate last week and you can see how many I ate and you will be surprised that I still lost weight.


As of Monday, July 4th I had lost 1.8 pounds for the week. I was down to 196.2 and I started at 198. I was definitely happy with that for my first week. Especially since I had such a busy week with family and friends. I ate way more then I should have but I was more careful and kept track of all of my calories. I'm sure this is what saved me from gaining this week. I also know that I was very active this week. I'm sure I wouldn't have lost if I wouldn't have been so active.


As of today I am at 196.4. I really hope to be down to 194 by Monday. I would love to continue this two pounds loss for at least a few more weeks. I know it doesn't seem like much to lose but it all ads up.


Today I am making it my main goal to get some exercise in. I'm not sure what I will do but I am going to do something. I really need to get my butt moving. :) It's the only way I am going to lose this weight. The hardest part is getting started. I really want to find something that I enjoy. I will let you know what I decide on.


My next post will have my "Lose It" logs from this week. Be sure to check it out.



2 comments:

AngieG2000 said...

Your girls are so cute! Great job on their haircuts! Great job on your weight loss, too! Have a fun weekend!
~Angie

Steph R said...

Jessica,
One thing I have been wondering about in your regime is your sleep cycle. I noticed over your busy weekend at your brother-in-laws party that after things wound down you said you had pain in your legs and couldn’t sleep and you got up and had a snack. You also sorta seemed to attach some guilt to the snack by the sound of your post. You help me to stay honest so I am being honest in turn. Your health standard is changing and sleep is a essential part of the equation. Be aware of what this wave of changes holds and recognize the good in it too!

http://www.dailyrx.com/news-article/obesity-related-sleep-apnea-14348.html

You are doing great on your weight loss. You have made good strides about re-aligning your attitude towards food and yourself. You are in a new body. Be patient and listen to your new modes.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin