Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Excited About Tomorrow's Weigh In!

Tomorrow will be my first official weigh in since I have been feeling better and I am so excited! Last Wednesday I wrote that I weighed 188 pounds. I can tell you that tomorrow I will weigh less then that. :) I can't wait!



Usually I dread weighing myself but the past week has just been amazing. I am not saying it hasn't been hard to get back into eating healthy. It really has been hard and has taken quite a bit of prep work but now that I have my motivation back it just seems so much easier. I really want to eat healthy again. I am realizing how much better my mind and body feel when I eat healthy foods. It's great to feel like me again! :)


I have had trouble with sugar withdrawal this week. I am pretty sure I haven't had any sugar since last Monday or Tuesday. Maybe I shouldn't say that I haven't had any but rather I have had very little sugar. I have been very careful about it. I am not against sugar at all. It is just that I know that if I give in to one sugar craving right now I won't be able to stop. So for me right now it is easier to do without and I am okay with that.



I have had a few moments this week where I was tired and craved sugar so badly but once I had a healthy snack I seemed to perk right back up. I think it may take me a little while for my body to adjust to no sugar and stop craving it so much.


This morning I tried a new smoothie. I will share the recipe below. It tasted awesome and was super healthy and filling. I love my smoothies!!!







The Pudget Peanut Butter Cheesecake Power Smoothie
Jessica Brown
pudget1.blogspot.com


1 cup of Almond Breeze
1 1/2 cups of spinach
1 medium organic carrot
1 medium banana
3/4 tbsp of peanut butter
2 tbsp of fat free/sugar free Cheesecake Pudding mix
3 packets of Stevia
6 ice cubes


Mix all ingredients in a blender or Vita-Mix and blend. Enjoy!


This will hold me over until lunch and then I will probably have either a tuna melt or an egg salad sandwich, some veggies and dip and of course some wonderful watermelon. I love watermelon!







I am going to be putting together a list of foods that I want to have in my house this summer that will make my life easier and healthier. Of course fresh veggies and dip and watermelon are three of my favorites but I want to come up with a "go to list" that I can always look at when I am busy and need some ideas.











What do you like to keep in your fridge at all times as a go-to food? I will post the complete list in the next week or so.
















5 comments:

safire said...

Good luck on your weigh in :)!

That smoothie looks delicious!

Chubby McGee said...

Ooh! I'm excited for you! I'm nearing the 180s myself and I know how happy seeing those numbers can be!!! Good luck!!! I'm cheering you on!

As for a fridge "go to": veggie burgers. They are super versatile, low in cals and fat, high in protein, and delish! I recommend Morningstar Farms Grillers (or their Grillers Prime). Pop 'em in an Arnold's Flatbread with some Laughing Cow cheese as a condiment and some veggies and you're ready to rock!

AngieG2000 said...

Good for you! I'm addicted to Fage 0% greek yogurt with honey right now....yum!

Christina said...

Your smoothie looks delicious! My go to items are. Cut up cantalope, watermelon, and pineapple, betternbutter choc peanut butter, cottage cheese, string cheese, zucchini, broccoli, and baby carrots!

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Thanks for all of the advice. I will be making a list very soon. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin