Saturday, May 21, 2011

And The Number Is.....

I have been so excited to write this post! It is the first time in months that I have actually lost weight. I had planned to write it on Thursday morning but my sister asked me to come over and help her bake and decorate cookies and make dinosaur shaped Rice Krispie treats with her. They turned out so cute!

Then yesterday I spent the day catching up on house work that I had been putting off all week and making pasta salad for two Birthday parties this weekend. After that we spent the evening at my daughter's school carnival. It was really cute and the girls had a blast.

Back to my weigh in. When I weighed in on Thursday I weighed 185.6 pounds! Yay!!! That's a 2.4 pound loss. It may not sound like much but I have been trying to lose for so long that I am thrilled with any amount. It feels so good to be motivated to lose weight again. I really missed feeling this way.

I surprised myself by exercising almost every day this week. I went on a 2 hour walk with my daughter on Saturday, walked around the track with my husband on Sunday and walked on the treadmill almost every other day. It feels great to be active again.

I ate great this week. I honestly have not eaten this well in a good year. I forgot how much I love veggies and grilled chicken and of course watermelon. I ate a huge watermelon all by myself this week. Okay, maybe not completely by myself but probably 90% of it. It was a really good watermelon. :)

I drank smoothies for breakfast most mornings and if I didn't have a smoothie I had egg beaters with mushrooms. Yummy! I prefer something sweet for breakfast most mornings but I have to admit that mushrooms make eggs taste wonderful.

For lunches I ate either tuna or egg salad on a low fat, high fiber bun, veggies and light ranch dip, and watermelon. I usually snacked on light cheese sticks, watermelon and pears. I really haven't snacked much lately.

Dinner has been the usual. I have just been better about portions and eat more veggies. I made grilled chicken, baked potatoes, and veggies one night. I love chicken on the grill! We also had soup and sandwiches one night just to eat quickly before we went out. I made a great casserole on Thursday night. Lean hamburger, veggies, cheese and waffle mix on top. My family loved it. I have been creative with my meals this week because I have been trying to use up what is in my freezer.

All in all it has been a really good week. I love how I feel right now. I have so much more energy and I am so much happier. I am looking forward to my nephew's birthday party today at our local amusement park. It's going to be so much fun! It is going to be my first time around all of the yummy temptations that I have been trying to stay away from. I am going to do well because I don't want to ruin all of my hard work. That and I really want to fit back into last years summer clothes. It's going to be hard but I can do it!

Then tomorrow we are going to my best friend's house for her son's Birthday party. I am so excited to see them! Again, I am going to have so many temptations. This is my first weekend of many temptations since I have been back on track. I have a feeling my whole summer is going to be full of many picnic temptations.

I am going to remember that food is meant to be nutrition. It's not something that I need to overindulge in. I want to be healthy. I want to feel healthy. That is why I am not going to pig out on food this weekend. I will enjoy small portions of the healthiest food I can find. It will be okay and I know I really won't feel deprived if I don't eat everything I see. It is so much better to feel healthy and happy then to enjoy ten minutes of eating my favorite food. It sounds easy but when the smells hit my nose it seems to get so much harder to think clear. I am not going to go hungry. Hopefully that will help.

I will be strong! I will not overeat! I will have fun!


5 comments:

AngieG2000 said...

Great job! I'm so happy for you! I've been doing WW PointsPlus Online, and I feel so much better, too! Have a great weekend!
Angie

Chubby McGee said...

Great loss! Keep it up!!!

;)

definingmore said...

Hi Jessica,

I just found your blog via Spunkisuzi. I love the pudget concept and your blog layout is so pretty.

Congratulations on your loss!

I will be back to visit :)

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Thanks, everyone!

Definingmore, I am so glad you found my blog!

healthy diet plan said...

Looking at your pictures make me keep me up to go on to this hardship!! I wish I could slim down like you do!! Congrats !! Ill be like you soon too!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin