Thursday, May 26, 2011

9 Years

Our Wedding Day, May 25, 2002





Yesterday my husband and I celebrated our 9th Anniversary.






Todd and I sometime last year.


I can't believe it has been 9 years since that wonderful and amazing day. My parents went all out and made my wedding the wedding of my dreams. It was amazing! Then we spent the next two weeks in Hawaii. I have such wonderful memories. I wish I could relive them. :)



To celebrate our 9 year Anniversary we decided to go away without the kids. We are doing one of our favorite things. We are going camping! I can't wait to bike, hike and relax around a beautiful fire without any children to take care of.


This will be the first time that we have gone away without the kids and I am so excited! You all know that I love my kids but sometimes we just need a break and since we haven't taken one in almost 7 years I think it is about time. I wish we could have done this before but it is so hard to ask someone to watch your kids overnight when one of them doesn't sleep through the night or is still in diapers. It is finally our time. The girls sleep through the night. No more diapers and they will have a ton of fun with their grandparents.


I think it is going to be good for our marriage to get away and spend some time just the two of us. I'm very excited! It will be so wonderful to relax. I probably won't know what to do with myself.


I plan to get a lot of exercise while we are away. The campground we are going to has tons of hiking trails. I haven't been to this campground since I was 7 or 8 years old. It was one of my favorite campgrounds as a child. I met one of the sweetest people I know their. I can't wait to go back and see it again and walk the trails I walked as a child. I still remember my Dad lifting me over big trees that had fallen on the path during a tornado. Such good memories. :)


The only part I am not looking forward to is the drive. The campground is a few hours away. I hope it goes by quickly. I am definitely going to watch what I eat this weekend. Imagine how much weight I could lose if I hiked and biked and ate healthy. Of course I am going to eat a few S'mores and hot dogs over the fire. I did buy fat free hot dogs and Sara Lee high fiber rolls. I just need to be careful that I don't eat two many of them. :)






10 comments:

Syl said...

have a wonderful time away and happy anniversary! We are celebrating 10 in august, can't believe how fast time flies!

Kerri said...

Have a great time camping! Happy Anniversary!

AngieG2000 said...

Happy Anniversary! Have a wonderful time camping!!
~Angie

Roz @ weightingfor50 said...

BIG happy anniversary to you and Todd!!! Enjoy your getaway!

Grace. said...

Happy anniversary! Enjoy it.

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Thanks, everyone!

Genelle said...

I know where you are going!!!! :) Have fun! Too bad I'm not planning a trip to my parent's house this weekend because I'd be about 30 minutes away from your campground. :)

definingmore said...

Happy anniversary and have fun camping this weekend :)

Anonymous said...

I miss your daily posts! You did such great work every week to get the weight off and encourage others. I've noticed that you aren't posting that often. Please go back to posting everyday...it helped encouraged me so much and I'm sure will help you....miss seeing what you eat and what cost savers you find....cheering you on!

Sally said...

I just found your blog and I love it. You and your husband share the EXACT same (year and everything) anniversary with my husband and me. Ain't love grand?? :) Happy Belated Anniversary.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin