Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Scale Is Not Moving

I am very excited to have gotten my new clothes in the mail yesterday. My Mom and Dad bought me a gift card to Fashion Bug for my Birthday and I ordered online just to make my life easier. That and they had a great sale and free shipping.


I ended up getting a new pair of jean capri's that I love. I had to order them in a size 14 which I don't love. :( I also ordered a few tanks, a cute short sleeve hoodie and a nice summer casual dress. Everything I ordered fits great. I am very pleased with the clothes and Fashion Bug's fast shipping.


Yesterday I ended up making the stir fry for dinner. It was a bag of beef stir-fry and I added an extra bag of thin green beans and some frozen cut up chicken. I like the extra veggies and buy adding that and the meat it seems to stretch the meal a little. This way my husband had enough for lunch today. :)


I know I said no excuses about exercise yesterday but of course I managed to not fit it in for the day. I ended up cleaning out my van and scrubbing my kitchen floor on my hands and knees. That counts as exercise. Right?!


Today is a new day! I am going to exercise today. I noticed that I am eating really well and staying within my points but the scale is barely moving. I am drinking lots of water so I think I really just need to get some exercise in and then hopefully the scale will start moving.


I was always so used to the scale moving quickly when I stayed within my points. Now it seems to be moving so slow. Maybe it is my metabolism. Maybe I am not as active now that my kids are getting out of the toddler stage. Please let me know if you have any tips.


2 comments:

laurajane said...

Congrats on the clothes. Isn't is so nice when they fit? I have such a hard time finding clothes that fit. I think car cleaning and floor scrubbing can count as exercise. I totally understand what you mean about staying within your points and not losing. I've had many weeks in the past where I stayed within points but still didn't lose.

Kelly said...

New clothes are always fun. I'm going to have to check out Fashion Bug as soon as I leave here.

And I think cleaning out a van counts as exercise. You were burning calories, right?

For me (and every body is different) what helped to get the scale finally moving was to really watch my carbs. It was something my doctor suggested and it has really helped.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin