Wednesday, April 13, 2011

New Food Find!

It's another dreary day. I hate days like this. My Fibromyalgia seems to be worse and the lack of sun makes my mood just as dreary as the weather. Maybe I just need another cup of coffee. :)


Last night I wrote about making BBQ pork chops, Jasmine rice and green beans. It was the best meal I have made in months. My BBQ sauce turned out amazing! I just used ketchup, a little vinegar, a little mustard and some Splenda (store brand). I put the pork chops in a baking dish, topped them with the BBQ sauce and then with some sauteed mushrooms and onions that I had frozen from a few weeks ago. The flavor was great!


I used the extra sauce to top my Jasmine rice. Yummy! The sauce was so sweet and it tasted amazing on top of my rice. I am now a big fan of Jasmine rice. I can't believe I never tried it before. If you have never tried it before you should give it a try. It smells so sweet and has a great texture. I like it better then plain white rice.


I think today's lunch will be leftover pork chop, rice and a small salad. I love leftovers!


2 comments:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Yum!

heather said...

love love love jasmine rice! trader joe's has a brown rice version...so delicious and healthy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin