Monday, April 18, 2011

I Ate My Weekend!

I had another one of my crazy busy weekends. In a good way. :) We spent Saturday at my in-laws where I ate way too much wonderful food. She made me ham and dandelion. On of my absolute favorite meals. It doesn't sound unhealthy but if you have ever had it you know that the dandelion is smothered in bacon and bacon grease. Yum!!!


After eating a huge meal, three pieces of cake and some Easter candy I got a horrible migraine. Maybe from the chocolate or maybe from allergies. I'm still not quite sure but it definitely made for a long hour and a half drive home.



I woke up Sunday morning migraine free but very tired. We had a wonderful morning at Church that definitely helped to brighten my spirits. After Church we went to OIP for some yummy pizza. I ate 4 pieces with tons of onions and mushrooms on top. I can't believe I ate that much. That's what happens when they give you the option of all you can eat.



I didn't do much of anything the rest of the day. It was very nice to relax. I was even too tired to eat dinner. This doesn't happen very often so I took advantage of it. ;) It's not like I really needed dinner after eating four pieces of pizza for lunch.



I forgot to write my weigh in for last Friday. I had planned on writing it Friday afternoon but then I got distracted by something and completely forgot. I weighed in last Thursday at 187 pounds. I was thrilled to be down 1.6 pounds this week. Unfortunately after this past weekend I am really going to have to fight to keep it off. :(



I am back on track today. I am having a great breakfast. I altered on of Hungry Girls recipes and this is what I came up with.


Mushroom Breakfast Casserole:


2 light hot dog buns (torn into bite size pieces

approx 1/2 cup of sauteed mushrooms

3/4 cup of egg beaters

onion powder

salt

pepper


preheat oven to 35o degrees. mix all ingredients together and place in a baking dish sprayed with Pam. Bake for approx 20 minutes. Enjoy!



I am eating it right now and it is so good! I didn't figure out the points yet but I think it is about 3-4 points for half the casserole. Not bad.



I need to get back on track with my water this week. I didn't drink much at all this weekend. I definitely feel better when I drink more. That and I think it will help me get my weight back down after my crazy weekend. I really need to be more careful over the weekends. I relax on my eating way too much and it messes me up for the entire week.







3 comments:

Roz @ weightingfor50 said...

Hi Jessica, sounds like a good food weekend and hope that headache stays away. Good luck on the water goal over the next few days. Have a good Monday.

safire said...

Congrats on 1.6 lbs loss! Good luck this week staying true to your goals!

✝ I Will Lay Down My Idols said...

Congrats on 187! I can't wait to get there! And ham & DANDELIONS?? Never heard of it - is it a local speciality? It's so interesting to hear of those things! Around here I see people at the side of the road (not yet, but likely in a month or so) picking dandelions for salad and wine - but that's all I ever knew they were used for (aside from pretty bouquets from kiddos! ;) ).
D

Blog Widget by LinkWithin