Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Great Breakfast Recipe!

I forgot to mention this in my earlier post. The past two mornings I have had a really great breakfast. I am hooked!


I got the idea from Hungry Girl's new 300 Under 300 Cookbook. She has a recipe for a hot dog egg scramble. Yesterday when I was looking for something to eat I realized that I had turkey hot dogs in the fridge and some egg beaters. That's when I came up with my own egg scramble and it is huge for only 3 points.


Pudget Hot Diggity Dog Breakfast Scramble:


by: Jessica at Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget http://pudget1.blogspot.com

ingredients:
1 turkey dog or fat free hot dog chopped ( I cut it lengthwise and then chop into bite size pieces)
1/2 cup of southwestern egg beaters
1/8 cup of chopped onion
1/4 cup of 2% shredded cheddar cheese cooking spray

cooking instructions:
Spray small pan with cooking spray (I prefer Olive oil spray). Add chopped onion and chopped hot dog. Fry in pan for approximately 2 minutes until onions are soft. Spray pan again with cooking spray and add egg beaters. Stir until eggs are cooked. Top with cheese and let cheese melt for a few seconds and then serve on plate. Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


This breakfast is so good and so filling. I ate it yesterday and it kept me going for hours without any hunger. I noticed that the new Hungry Girl 300 under 300 Cookbook has many recipes that use fat free hot dogs. She has casseroles and and all kinds or great sounding recipes that I can't wait to try. They all sound so easy. I love fat free hot dogs so I am going to enjoy trying Hungry Girls new hot dog recipes.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


What is your favorite Hot Dog recipe?


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


2 comments:

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

My favorite Hot Dog recipe are beanwhiches. Toast bread. Lay flat on a baking sheet. top with a big spoonful of baked beans, fat free hot dog slices. sliced lengthwise. and a slice of 2% cheese. Place under broiler until cheese gets brown and puffy. Love it!!!!

Kelly said...

Oh yum!!!! I wish I had the stuff for it this morning.

I love chili dogs with lots o' mustard. :) And cheese. And some dill relish. Now I'm hungry!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin