Friday, April 8, 2011

Exercise! What's That?

It has been a great week. Although if you read my last post I did eat way too much cake on my Birthday. I decided that it was my Birthday and I was going to eat as much cake as I wanted and then be done. Unfortunately, I ate the cake on my Birthday and the next day because I was stressed. Then I gave the rest of the cake to my sister so that it wouldn't be a temptation anymore.

The great news is that I didn't ruin my week by eating so much cake. I counted the points and got myself back on track. Last weekend I weighed 193. Probably from all of the cake and homemade pizza but today I weighed in at 188.8. It's kind of weird but it is the exact weight that I was at last week when I weighed in.

I was so happy to see that number on the scale this morning. Yesterday I weighed 191 and I told my sister that I have been doing so good yet the number on the scale wasn't showing it. So this morning when I stepped on the scale I was very happy. I really did work hard and count my points every day in order to get my weight back down after the Birthday cake binge.

My favorite snack this week are my zero point grapes. I got them on sale this week and they are the best black grapes I have ever eaten. The only bad part is that I ate them all and now I am craving them. I think we might have to take a trip to the store today for some more black grapes. :)

We also had some great cantaloupes this week. I love cantaloupe and these were some of the best I have had at this time of year. I love that fruit is now zero points on Weight Watchers. I definitely eat a lot more fruit now that Weight Watchers has changed their plan to the new Points Plus System.

I also got more broccosprouts and have been eating them on my sandwiches. Light wheat bread, tuna salad (made with light mayo) and brocosprouts are my favorite for the week. I just can't get enough of the broccosprouts. I have also kept beautiful salad of baby greens and cucumbers in my fridge all week. It has been very helpful. I love baby greens and I just pull the bowl out of the fridge and have it with almost every meal. It's a great filler and I really have been enjoying it with reduced fat blue cheese on top. Yummy!

My biggest secret that I know has helped me this week is drinking lots of water. I have been drinking so much that I am actually feeling full on water at times. :) I know that it is helping me feel fuller and helping to keep me hydrated and feeling good. My Tupperware Water Bottle has been helping me with this of course.

The only place I seem to be lacking is Exercise. I know that I have to do it yet I keep putting it off. I have a treadmill, a bike (with pull behind trailer for MJ), Zumba for the Wii, Wii Fit, Jillian Micheals, Gym in a Bag and so much more. Why can't I get myself to exercise???? I used to love it. Now I just can't seem to make myself do it. When my daughter is napping I grab my Kindle and read my really great, Liz Curtis Higgs, books. I need to start saving the reading for at night and exercise when I can. Her books are just so good that I can't put them down.

If you are looking for some good books to read you should try the "Thorn In My Heart" series. The best series I have ever read. I have now moved onto the "Here Burns My Candle" series and I am loving it. Liz Curtis Higgs is one of the sweetest and most amazing woman I have ever met and her books are just as amazing as she is. She is such an inspiration to me and so are her books. I have learned so much from her and from all of the books she has written. She is an amazing woman.

Sorry to go on about the books I am reading. They are just so good that I don't want anyone to miss out on them. I actually just bought all of the "Thorn In My Heart" series for my mother-in-law for her Birthday. I was excited to find them all on sale yesterday on Amazon.com.

I am very excited for the week to come. I know that I now have the Weight Watchers plan down and I am making sure to count all of my points daily. Even the one's that I don't want to count. I am content eating lots of fruit and veggies and I am ready to start exercising.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Where to start? Any suggestions on a new type of exercise plan? Something exciting? What type of exercise are you enjoying right now? ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin