Sunday, April 24, 2011

Can It Really Last This Long???

Maddie and MJ checking out their Easter baskets


Maddie's favorite treat from her basket - A Plum!



MJ was so excited about the big orange in her Easter basket.







My week started off pretty well. So I thought! Monday evening my two year old started throwing up. I wasn't surprised because my sister and her kids were at my house the day before they started with it. It was not a fun night!






I also started with it that same evening only mine was nausea and diarrhea. I figured I just got the mild version with lingering nausea. I have seriously been nauseated from Monday until now. Unfortunately I woke up yesterday to more then just nausea. I threw up and had diarrhea all day long. Finally around 8:30pm it stopped. Then I just had to deal with the nausea, body aches, fever and chills.








I decided to take some Tylenol with Codeine to hopefully knock me out for the night. I wasn't thinking straight and I didn't realize until about 20 minutes after I took it how smart of an idea it was. The Tylenol took away my body aches almost completely and broke my fever. I felt so much better! So from around 8:30p. until now I have been taking Tylenol with Codeine about every four hours because the fever, body aches and chills start to come back after about 3 and a half hours.






I am feeling so much better right now compared to yesterday. I have eaten four pieces of plain toast throughout the day and I also drank a cup of hot tea and water. I am really hoping to have my energy back by tomorrow. I am so sick of laying in bed. I haven't been out of bed in two day except to go to the bathroom.






Maddie all ready for Church on Easter Sunday








MJ all ready for Church on Easter Sunday











So today, Easter Day, I am sitting home in my bed eating toast for Easter dinner. Not exactly what I had in mind for celebrating the resurrection of Jesus but it will do. :) I am so thankful for my Jesus giving his life for my sins. I can't imagine what He must have felt during this time. It is so amazing that Jesus died on the cross so that we may be forgiven for our sins. I am so ever thankful! The best part is that He arose from His grave and lives and He will one day be back for us. What an amazing day that will be!!!









Even though I couldn't make it to Church this morning with my family I was still able to Celebrate that Jesus is Alive!


All week the girls and I have been reading books before bed about Jesus death on the cross and how he arose from the grave. Last night MJ (my two year old) and I were talking about how Jesus died on the cross and she said, "Mommy, that wasn't nice". Then I told her that Jesus died on the cross for us. So that we can be forgiven for our sins. She then said, "Mommy, that was so sweet.". I was just amazed that my two year old (almost three) may not understand the whole meaning but she understands the emotions behind Jesus Crucifixion and his Resurrection.










This morning, before we checked up on the presents from the Easter Bunny we sat in mine and my husband's bed and read a book called "An Easter Gift For Me" by Crystal Bowman. It is a beautiful book illustrated by Claudine Gevry. The illustrations are beautiful and the book is written equally as beautiful. The wording is just perfect for children to understand. It ends with this:





This story's amazing, and all of it's true.


He died on the cross for me and for you.


So if you love Jesus and follow his way.


then you will meet Jesus in Heaven someday.





I just felt like reading this book was a wonderful way to start our Celebration of Jesus and the fact that He is Alive and that he will be back for us.





I hope you all had a wonderful time celebrating Easter with family and friends! I can't wait until my family gets home so that I can hear about all of the fun they had today. My husband and girls celebrated Easter at my sister and brother-in-law's house with my parents and other sister and her husband and of course all of my little nieces and nephews. I'm sure they are having a great time!







Happy Easter!!!!!






4 comments:

safire said...

Your daughters are adorable and they are dressed so well! I love the colors and it's VERY Easter/Spring appropriate.

I hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend!

MizFit said...

hope you are feeling better this morning...and LOVED the photos.

I adore seeing the blogger behind the blog :)

the peeps (oooh an easter pun :)) behind the blogger.


MizFit

Kristin said...

Very nice blog post! We missed you yesterday. I hope you were able to relax and start to feel better!

Roz @ weightingfor50 said...

Hi Jessica, your daughters are ADORABLE! Love that they enjoyed the fruit in their basket of treats. Hope you continue to feel better! All the best and belated happy easter!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin