Tuesday, March 1, 2011

You Won't Believe It!

I had a rough weekend full of migraines but as of today I feel great and migraine free. I didn't watch what I ate because of not feeling well but I don't think I overdid it. I didn't step on the scale this morning so I am hoping I didn't gain anything.

You will never believe what I did yesterday! I got back on my treadmill. Not only did I get back on but I ran! It felt great! I know you are probably thinking I am crazy but it really did feel so good to do something for myself again. I was on the treadmill for a total of 30 minutes and ran 15 of them. Not awesome but it was definitely a good start.

I enjoyed running so much yesterday that I am actually sitting here in my exercise clothes typing this post. As soon as I am done typing I will being going for another run. I really can't even tell you how good it feels to be excited about exercise again. It has been so, so long since I have felt this way. I actually forgot how good it feels.

If you are like me and haven't exercised in say 6 months or so (Yikes - has it really been that long?) make sure you get yourself right back into it. Don't sit back any longer just thinking about doing it. Make yourself get up and do it. I promise you that you will not regret it. I feel so much better about myself after just one day. I know it may sound crazy but it is true. It is a definite confidence booster and you will be so happy that you got yourself back into being active.

My pre-workout snack!




The Pudget Power Smoothie:

1 cup of (40 cal. per cup) Almond Breeze
1 frozen banana
2-3 cups of spinach
2 tbsp of fat free, sugar free chocolate pudding mix
1/8-1/4 cup of Splenda - optional
1 tbsp of Soynut Butter
6-8 ice cubes

Put in Vitamix or blender and blend until spinach is completely pulverized. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I actually got almost two glasses full out of this recipe. It was awesome and so very filling.

What do you eat before your workout?


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin