Wednesday, March 23, 2011

New Food Find and New Food Addiction!



BroccoSprouts! And lots of them!!! I love these things. I just wish I would have discovered them sooner.

I ate them on a chicken salad sandwich yesterday and today on a turkey and cheese sandwich. It gives the sandwich a nice texture and makes it way more filling. Did I mention that the flavor of these sprouts are awesome! I really can't say enough good about them. I have found my new food addiction. :)

The best part is that I found them on special for 99 cents! They were normally $2.99 which I don't think is a bad price because they squeeze tons of those cute little sprouts in that container. I will definitely be buying them again very, very soon. I actually have some boneless skinless chicken breasts cooking in the crockpot right now. I am going to chop them up and add a little light mayo, salt and pepper and make some more chicken salad to go with my BroccoSprouts. I'm so excited!



Yesterday's Eats:

Not a great day. I am still realizing that I need to cut back even more. I didn't realize that getting back on track and counting points was going to be so hard. I actually went over my points by 16 yesterday. The graham crackers were 9 of those points. I guess I am slowly learning what I need to do to get back on track.

Breakfast:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Spinach Smoothie

Lunch:
chicken salad sandwich with 4oz chicken, 2 tbsp light mayo, sprouts and 2 slices of bread
1 serving of Ritz Chips

Snack:
reduced calorie granola bar
1/3 serving of Ritz chips

Dinner:
chicken salad sandwich with 4oz chicken, 2 tbsp light mayo, sprouts and 2 slices of bread
Salad - mixed greens, 1/8 cup of fat free croutons, 1/4 cup of 2% shredded cheddar cheese, 2 tbsp of light ranch dressing

Snack:
6 whole light graham crackers


5 comments:

Twix said...

Awesome find! Delicious and now I'm going to have to go find some to try. :)

:Deliciously Healthy said...

MMM! I absolutley LOVE sprouts! I put them on everything :D

Anonymous said...

Were those in the produce section? I would love to try them; have never seen them before.

Thanks!

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Yes. I found them in the produce section. They are so yummy!

amycloud said...

This sounds like a great thing to try. I just found your site on the Liz Curtis Higgs post at Liberty. Congratulations on your weight loss so far. I started about two months ago on my journey and have lost 17.5 to date. Thanks again for the encouragement. Blessings.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin