Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A New Food Find

I wish I could say that I had an awesome week. I actually had an okay week. I did great until Saturday and Sunday. Lack of sleep kicked in and I let it take control of my eating. I'm not sure how bad I did but I didn't track my points and I do know that I didn't watch what I ate.







I did get in some exercise in. On Sunday we went to my in-laws for some sleigh riding fun!



















I forgot how much fun it is to go sledding. It was actually my girls first time. They had so much fun. It was definitely a good workout but unfortunately we came inside starving to a house full of food. I ate a few too many brownies and hot dogs with sour kraut. Surprisingly they make a very pleasant combination. :)



Yesterday I got myself back on track and today I started tracking again. I even tried a new food today. I fried up some polenta in PAM until it was nice and crisp. It was garlic and basil flavored and it tasted a lot like a potato pancake. It was awesome! My oldest daughter ate at least 5 slices of it and my youngest ate 3. My husband even liked it. It's funny that it took me so long to try. It will definitely be a regular in my house. The best part is that I found it already made up and ready to slice for around $3.50. It made it so much easier to make.




Tonight we are supposed to get a lot of ice. I am hoping that my daughter's school is canceled again tomorrow. I just love having her home with me and of course it is nice to sleep in. :) Tomorrow night is my weigh in. I'm not really looking forward to it because I haven't stepped on the scale in a few days. We will see tomorrow how it goes.



4 comments:

Beth said...

I have a recipe for a polenta bake that's basically browned slices (like in your skillet), a jar of tomato sauce, and mozarella cheese. Bake until it's heated through and cheese melts. I haven't made it in a long time but I remember it being pretty decent in terms of Points Value.

Darn. Now you got me craving polenta and we're in a blizzard!

Anonymous said...

Polenta was a weekly meal at my grandmothers house. only it was the kind you would boil. we had a huge wodden board and it would get all spread out about a half inch thick, covered in spaghetti sauce and dotted with meat balls. everyone would sit aroudn the table with their fork. of course you could also do it on individual plates, but the huge board was a nice bonding expereince. your girls owuld love it!

Michele said...

I stopped by to tell you that I gave you a Stylish Blogger award. Come on by and pick it up.
http://fit-healthy-by-2012-2.blogspot.com/

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

The tomato sauce and cheese on top sound awesome! Thanks guys. I am going to try it very soon!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin