Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Mom Made Me Do It!

Guess what I just did. I went to my first Weight Watcher's meeting since 2005. I can't believe I did it. I actually had no plans at all of going until my Mom called me at 6:15pm and asked me to go with her. I debated over the fact of whether or not I was ready to step out an admit my failures in person or not. I decided to go for it. I know I am not the only woman who has lost weight and gained a few pounds back so I decided to step out of my comfort zone and go to a real meeting.

I knew the number that I would see on the scale was not going to be pretty. Not only did I have to wear clothes to be weighed (yes, they make you do that. ;) ), but the meeting is also at night meaning that I already ate all of my meals for the day. Not only that but it is that time of the month for me. I was right! The number on the scale was not pretty but pretty much what I expected it to be. I was 181 on my scale a few days ago when I weighed myself without clothes in the morning and tonight at the meeting I weighed 190 and a 1/4. Wow, I can't believe I am posting that number on here.

Since I posted my official Weight Watcher's weight I have decided to use this weight from now on instead of my morning weight. It will just make my life a little easier this way. :) So as of today I weigh 190 and 1/4 pounds. No wonder my size 12's are feeling a little tight. I can't really say that I am in a size 14 because I don't have any to try on but I am pretty sure my old 14's might fit me. I am still wearing the two pair of size 12 jeans that fit me, my size large exercise/work clothes and a few new size large sweaters and leggins.

Now that it is all out here for everyone to read I am ready to move forward. I am excited about going to the actual Weight Watcher's meeting. I have gone to the meeting in the past (years ago) and had great success. Now that I am working part-time I have decided that I can afford the extra it will cost me each week. The meeting are a little pricey but if you can afford the extra money they are definitely worth it.

I am very excited to start tracking my food, my weight and my exercise on a regular basis again. This week my main goal is to keep track of every bite of food that I put in my mouth. The new points system is going to take a little getting used to but I think it is going to be fun. Especially since I get to do it with my Mom. :) We always seem to do well when we do it together. Maybe it's that competitive gene in us. :)


Do any of you go to the weekly Weight Watcher's meetings? Do you enjoy them?


7 comments:

Auntie Mandy said...

Good job! You're gonna rock it!

brinalauren said...

I'm proud of you!

Jeanette Marie said...

Great job!!!
To answer your question: Yes i attend weekly WW meetings. I really enjoy them and I have gotten useful information and motivation from others in the meeting. I love my leader too.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Good luck to you. I've attended meeting years ago. They do tend to motivate.

Plump Nonfiction said...

I am a weight watchers online member. I get the support from my blog and the weight watchers message boards. It is only 16.95 a month so it is also cheaper. If I could I would definitely go to the meetings but my budget is very tight right now.

Good luck with the program!

Anonymous said...

I am currently attending meetings, have been going since May and have lost 40 lbs. This is my second go round with WW, I am hoping to make it stick this time! I am also doing this with my mom and mother in law, which makes it easier to have a support system! I like attending meetings and weighing in, it keeps me on track + we have a great leader! I also do all my tracking online, so that is great for me. Good luck!

Carrie

Fashion Meets Food said...

I do weight watchers on and off. I definitely need to lose some weight this year however I cannot afford to go to WW meetings. So I am doing the old version instead of points plus. Maybe i`ll get a calculator soon. Love your blog and I am your newest follower.

xo

Blog Widget by LinkWithin