Friday, January 21, 2011

I'm Not Sure I Earned It

I had another great weigh in this week. Although I am not quite sure I deserved it. I had a very stressful week last week and I am definitely a stress eater. I really do try to fight the urge to eat when I am stressed and it is looking like I am getting better at it but I not completely past it. I'm not sure I will ever be completely over being a stress eater.

Even though my week was very stressful I managed to lose 1 1/2 pounds. I was very excited to hear this when I weighed in. Unfortunately I wasn't able to stay for the meeting. My youngest daughter is very sick again with a head cold. I took her to the doctor yesterday and her lungs sound good. We just have to wait it out. Her fever is gone today and she seems a little happier but a lot more snotty. It isn't fun having a sick kid.

I am now at 186 3/4 pounds. I am definitely getting closer and closer to the 170's. I still can't believe I let myself gain weight back. Sometimes I look at the numbers on my sidebar and I get so mad. It all happened so quickly that I guess I didn't realize how much I had gained until it was too late. It's still very frustrating. I sure a lot of you know how I feel. Why is it that we work so hard to lose the weight and then let ourselves gain it back just so we have to go through the misery all over again? I wish I had the answer or should I say solution to this problem.

I have started this week off the right way. Yesterday I went over my points just a bit by eating a little too much Pirate's Booty as a late night snack. I just love that stuff. The best part is that it is on sale this week at my local grocery store. I am usually good about only eating a serving at a time but I sat in bed watching a movie and snacking and it was just so relaxing that I didn't stop until the bag was gone. It was a nice treat but not something I would do very often. I think I went into my weakly points by about 6. Not bad at all. Especially since I gained 8 exercise points yesterday. Yay!!!

Can you tell I am excited about the week to come. I have so many new food ideas. New items and recipes to try. I am going to do my best to find the time this week to write more so that I can tell you all about it. It's going to be a great week!!!


4 comments:

Jenn @ watchmybuttshrinking.com said...

Congrats, Jessica! Keep it up, you're doing great!

Alissa (A Journey to Thin) said...

Congrats on the 1.5 lbs this week!

Hope your daughter is feeling well soon!

Amy at TheSceneFromMe said...

Great job! Success, even in small increments, is still SUCCESS!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Congrats. How are you liking the new WW plan? I'm thinking of joining.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin