Sunday, January 16, 2011

I Lost 2 Pounds!!!

I really wanted to post this sooner but I haven't had a free moment all week. As usual my life is crazy but I made my weight loss a priority in my schedule this week.

I weighed in on Wednesday night at my Weight Watchers meeting an lost two pounds since last week. Of course I was hoping for 7 but that was kind of ridiculous. I really can't complain. I lost two pounds and didn't feel hungry at all the whole week. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying it was completely easy. I had to make the right choices while on the run and eating fast food and I had to do a lot of prep work so that I had healthy choices and meals at all times during the week. The hardest part was the preparation not the controlling what and how much I ate.

So for me right now I need to keep working hard to fit all of this preparation and planning into my crazy busy schedule. I work three nights a week coaching basketball and teaching gymnastics and then every Saturday for several hours while the kids have their basketball games. These are my hard nights and days because if I don't plan properly myself and my family will not have a healthy meal to eat.

This week I planned out healthy meals for each night. I also bought salad mix twice this week. I ate mine with apples, fat free feta cheese and light ranch. I also snacked on wheat thin sticks, string cheese, watermelon (my favorite!) and grape salad. I have to say that the week flew by and before I new it I lost two pounds.

This week was definitely a great week. I am now at 188 1/4 lbs. I still have a long way to go but I am excited to be going in the right direction. I hope that I lose the same if not more this week.

I am starting to think about the spring and buying an Easter dress and getting family pictures taken. I would love to be down another 20 pounds before then. In order for this to happen I need to get back into exercising. It has been a while since I have really done this. I know what I need to do I just need to make myself do it. Finding the time is always the problem.

Later today I want to come up with a reasonable exercise plan for myself. Something that I can really stick to. My work schedule is going to be changing soon and hopefully it will make things easier for me. I will be coaching Floor Hockey because our basketball session is almost over. I am totally excited for floor hockey. I have never played it before but I am so excited to learn a new sport. It is a nice way to get some exercise in.

I hope all of you had a great week. Losing weight is not easy but we can do it. We just need to find a way to stay motivated and find some time for ourselves.


6 comments:

Jen said...

Congratulations! I'm a new follower, but I really like you're blog. It's nice to read about people that are going through the same struggles you are. Good luck with your next goal!

fblife said...

Way to go! Any loss is a success in my book!

Genelle said...

I've put on some extra weight (on top of already being heavy) since I've started reading your blog. Just this weekend I have started to diet and work out to get it off. I'm so ashamed of myself! I went from being a slim 140 lbs to at least 210 in less than three years! (I haven't been on a scale in a few months - don't want to know.) Horrible! Just typing out the numbers appalls me! I've got a long way to go, but I intend to get back to my skinny self from three years ago.

I'm using the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD at home when I can't get out to the gym. I got it at Target for $10! Maybe that would be an option for you when you don't have time for much exercise. It's a real work out!

Alissa (A Journey to Thin) said...

Great job on the 2 lbs!!

We used to play floor hockey in gym class in highschool and I loved it- so much fun!

Leslie said...

Jessica I have been following you for a while now. I admire you for putting yourself out there. I am starting Weight Watchers tomorrow. I have done it in the past with great success and I should have started back sooner. I will let you know how things so.

Leslie

Carla said...

Great job! Looking forward to hearing about week two. Keep it up, you are well onm your way!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin