Sunday, January 2, 2011

Getting Excited To Lose Weight in 2011

I think the hardest part of losing weight is keeping it exciting. If you don't keep your weight loss journey exciting you won't be able to stick with it. Whether it is buying special foods, making new recipes, setting goals, taking pictures of yourself, setting rewards, or finding new motivations frequently. You need to keep it exciting and fun. I seemed to have forgotten this important step the past few months and I think that is a lot of my problem.

Now that I have figured out one of my main problems I need to find a way to fix it.

How will I keep it exciting???

I like to use a combination of things to make weight loss exciting. I can't really afford to set rewards for myself so that is one I don't use. I like to always have a motivation. For instance I am having family pictures taken before Easter this year. It doesn't give me much time but I want to look awesome for them. So for now my main motivation is to look good in our family pictures.

I also like to find new foods in the grocery store. I just received this months Weight Watcher's magazine so I plan to look through it and find something new to try. Also, I love to cook new foods. I don't have as much time to cook now that I am working but when I do have time I love new recipes. I will be sure to post them as I make them.

Here are a few other steps I will be taking to get myself back into weight loss mode!

The Pudget Steps to Getting Back on Track:


1. As of today I am back to journaling my food on WeightWatchers.com. My first step to getting back on track is planning my menu for the next week. Money is still a little tight from Christmas so the only way I am going to cook healthy for my family is to plan a menu, make a grocery list and stick to it. I may need to do a little cooking ahead today. I'm hoping to make a list and then see if my husband will do the grocery shopping for me. :) Every little bit helps!
2. I am also going to get out my planner (calender) and schedule in my exercise for the week. I already spoke to the Fitness Director at the YMCA that I work with and we came up with a good plan to get my body back into shape. I will be doing 5 days a week of cardio and two days a week of strength training. I will be doing Zumba two days a weeks as my cardio and the other three days I will be on the machines. Either the elliptical, treadmill, the bike or some others that I haven't tried. Each session will be for 1 hour. The strength training days I will be using the machines to start. I haven't tried them out yet so I am a little nervous about this part. The Fitness Director told me that he will show me how they work. Hopefully I can remember how to do them correctly.
3. My third step for today is to start drinking lots of water again. I still drink water at my house 98% of the time but I am not drinking as much as I should. I need to make a conscious effort to drink at least 3 of my Tupperware water bottles a day. I think that would equal between 70-80 ounces a day.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What steps are you taking to get back on track?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


4 comments:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I am tracking starting today too. I am planning my workouts each week as well. My goal is to look and feel good by the time we good to Disney in May.

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Disney!!! I'm so jealous! :) You are going to do great and look great by May. We can do it together and then maybe I can squeeze in your suitcase. LOL

Mae Flowers said...

Drinking lots of water is so helpful- I know it always makes me feel so much better! I set goal rewards for every 10 lbs. Sometimes they're big and sometimes they're something small, but something that is rewarding for me.

gsv said...

Just starting out, and perusing blogs.
Joined weight watchers and upping water is a great idea.
Will be following, as I'd like to lose not just fat in my body, but in my finances...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin