Thursday, December 9, 2010

The New Weight Watchers Program

First, I have to say that you guys are awesome!!! Thank you so much for the messages and comments all of you have sent me this past week. Your response to my last post was so wonderful. It is nice to know that so many of you are going through the same thing that I am and that we are all in this together. You are all so sweet and your kind words mean so much to me.

After writing my last post about getting back on track I woke up the next morning with a migraine that turned into a head cold which eventually turned into a sinus infection. I started my antibiotics yesterday and woke up this morning feeling like I was hit by a truck. I feel a little better right now and I hope I will continue to feel better each day.

Not only have I been sick but of course the whole family got it. I just took the girls to the doctor this afternoon. MJ has a sinus infection and Maddie has croup (yet again). Needless to say I haven't gotten much sleep the past few nights. Between running a hot shower in the middle of the night for Maddie and cleaning up MJ's vomiting in her crib from coughing I really haven't had much time for sleep.

My wonderful hubby went to the grocery store for me tonight to get me some healthy foods. I haven't really had a chance to do this since I decided to get back on track. I had planned to but then we all got sick. He is so great! He bought me my new favorite yogurt. It's Chobani Greek Yogurt. My Aunt Diana got me hooked on it over Thanksgiving. I am not really a yogurt fan and really disliked Yoplait's Greek Yogurt but for some reason I love this stuff. It is sweet, smooth and creamy. It has the perfect texture and sweetness. It's a little pricier then most yogurts but it is so good that I really don't mind paying the price. The best part is that it is super filling!

The thing that I have been wanting to ask all of you about is the new Weight Watcher's program. What do you guys think of it? I'm not quite sure what to think. I don't like that I can't figure out the points in my head anymore. Going to the grocery store is going to be so much harder. I only pay for the WW online so I don't get all of the nifty little tools to take to the store with me. I don't have access to the Internet so I can't check the points value when I am out. I do like the fact that it is all new to me. I hope it will get me excited again and that it will be fun learning the new system. What do you guys think of the new program???

I am excited to start tomorrow off on the right foot. It is nice to actually have healthy food in the house (thanks to my husband). :) I plan to get to know the new Weight Watchers system and have fun playing around with it. Maybe even get in a little exercise. :)


10 comments:

Mama Bear June said...

Hope everyone feels better soon!
Path to Health

Terri Lin said...

Even if you are an online member you can go to a weight watcher center and buy most of their products, like the little calculator (which is pretty handy), you can also get the food companion and dining out guide. So far I like the new program. I am new to your blog and have enjoyed reading it.

Kelly said...

So proud of you for getting right back on track.

You can go to a meeting location and buy the tools that you need. You can just tell them that you are an online WW member and go get the handy dandy calculator and whatever else you need. Just find a meeting near you at the WW website. :)

adauntingtaleofscalewarfare.com said...

Do you have a smart phone? The calculator is available from Weight Watchers for free to members who use e-tools or attend meetings for download. Should help with the grocery shopping at least!

I for one am in love with the new program. I am so happy to see WW moving along with the nutritional times so to speak. I have also found that I am much fuller on the new program, which is a big plus for me :)

Mae Flowers said...

I hope that you are all feeling better ASAP!

The new WW program just takes some getting used to, but I think it's a good one. I am a WW online member and I purchased the calculator and books online. I take the calculator with me shopping. It is kind of a hassle not knowing how to calculate points in my head anymore though. But WW is a good program overall! Good luck!

I love Chobani yogurt too. I get it every once in a while for a treat!

Lisa said...

I like that fruits are free, but don't like that I can't count a bite or a bit as 1 or 2 points. That makes eating "unknown foods" very difficult.
You need to get the points calculator that's on sale right now. I don't think you can do the program without it.
Members who followed the new program lost lots of weight this week. I was one of them!

Amy said...

Looks like you can order the points calculator online, too:
http://store.weightwatchers.com/productdetail.aspx?productid=5030022&categoryid=Electronics

This would be great to take to the grocery store.

Anonymous said...

I lost 3.4 lbs on the new program this week! I am loving it. Love that fruits are 0 points. That really helps my sweet tooth!
Good luck, glad to see you back.
Carrie

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Thanks for all of the helpful tips. I think I am going to buy one at a local meeting because I tried to order it online while it was on sale and after tax and shipping it came to about $18. I don't want to spend that much money.

I have been using the new system. I haven't got it mastered but I think I like it and I definitely like the reasons behind the change.

Sarah said...

You know what sucks? Being ready to get back on track and catching your sinus infection. LOL. I don't know you but I caught it.

Seriously, I've had an ongoing SI since August which turned into pneumonia and an admission to the hospital in early Dec. Now being Jan, the doc thinks the SI is still lurking and thats why I'm not getting better even on antibiotics. Says its a nasty bugger. The downfall is I'm SO ready to be back on track. Its hard to be good when you're confined to the house sitting around doing nothing. (I don't have kids I need to tend to so its me and the dogs/cats/husband.) I'm so ready to start working out a little but I get out of breath and worn out so quickly its a mute point.

Here's to better (healthier) 2011. And hey, next time send your SI's elsewhere. LOL.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin