Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I Went To A Zumba Class

Can you believe it? I can't! I still can't believe that I went to a Zumba class yesterday. What I can't believe even more is that I loved it! I loved it so much that I am going back tonight and tomorrow morning. A perk of working at the gym. I can clock out and exercise whenever I want. :)

I was totally shocked that I actually like Zumba. I have wanted to try it out for about a year (maybe longer) but I was too afraid to do it. I was afraid of being so bad at it and then being embarrassed. Those thought seem so silly to me now that I have done it. If anyone has the same thoughts I had please don't let that discourage you from trying it.

I have to be the most uncoordinated person that I know and I still loved Zumba. It was so much fun to dance and not have to worry about what anyone thinks. Everyone is concentrating on there own moves and no one really care what other people are doing. I stood in the back yesterday which made me feel more comfortable. I was actually able to catch on to most of the moves which completely surprised me. I was so afraid I would be completely lost but somehow I did it. It wasn't hard at all. There were several parts that I just couldn't get but I tried my best and to tell you the truth I didn't even feel stupid doing it.

I seriously love Zumba! It is so much fun dancing around and having a good time. The time just flies by and it doesn't even feel like exercise. Although I was exhausted by the time the hour was up. It is a really good workout! I was drenched in sweat by the time I was done.

Have you tried Zumba? What did you think?


6 comments:

Cheryl said...

I tried it and loved it, but it's out of my budget at the moment. I may buy the Wii Zumba game that is supposed to come out later this month.

Colean said...

I'd love to try it, but alas it's also out of my budget. I wasn't aware there was a Wii Zumba game coming out. I might have to ask for that for xmas :)

Anna B. said...

I love it - I do it at my Y and it is so great!!

Carla said...

Good for you! I too have been thinking about it for a long time just never actually tried it. I have requested it from the library though, so we'll see....
Congrats on the new job!

Fanchy said...

Ahhh... Zumba - my new addiction. I am so glad to hear that someone else has been bitten by the bug. I would go to Zumba daily if my schedule allowed, but I try to go at least 3 -4 times a week.

AND it's a major calorie burner!! I've been wearing a BodyBugg (like the ones on Biggest Loser) and I average a calorie burn of 600-700 calories in 1 hour - and I don't even notice it as a workout. It's like going dancing without all the nasty pick up lines! I am so the Zumba ADDICT!!! Welcome to the club! ;-)

Superjaxster said...

I'm going to my first class tonight :) Glad to hear you liked it - I'm hoping I do too!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin