Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I Love Fish Tacos

Gorton's and Ortega sent me coupons for their Fish and Taco Shells to try out some fish tacos. I know fish tacos may sound a little odd (they did to me anyway) but I was amazed to find out that I may like them even better then regular beef tacos. They are that good!





If you haven't given them a try yet you really should. They were awesome! I mixed a packet of taco seasoning with 1 (16oz) container of fat free sour cream and 1/2 cup of light Mayo to make a great sauce for on top of the fish. Then we topped them with lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers. I love the extra crunch the cucumbers added.

Yes, I used breaded fish but you could actually use any fish or even shrimp. I think I will give shrimp a try next time. I am all about these fish taco's right now. They just add such a cool twist to an average taco. I would have never thought to use fish instead of beef. It's such an exciting way to make a meal healthier and add variety to your diet.



This is Maddie taking her first bite. She was scared to try it. You can tell in the picture that she wasn't thrilled to be taking a bite. Let's just say she practically licked her plate clean. She loved the fish taco and went back for seconds. I think fish tacos are now one of her favorite foods. She is so funny!




The picture below is my third taco. Normally I wouldn't eat this many but for one they tasted awesome and two I forgot to try the hard shell with the second taco. So that just left me no choice but to have a third. :)




I had to take a picture of this one because Maddie made it for me. She was so excited to help Mommy make dinner. She added the carrot to make it look pretty. She did an excellent job making my taco because it was actually my favorite one! I loved the hard Ortega taco shell with the Gorton's fish. What a yummy combination. I wasn't expecting to like the hard shell fish taco that much as much as the soft shell. They were both yummy!


Although Gorton's and Ortega gave me the fish and the taco shells to try this yummy combination the opinions in this post are all mine. I love fish taco's and the Gorton's Fish and Ortega shells were excellent! I can't wait to have them again.

Why not add a twist to your Taco Night and try some Fish tacos!!! I think you and your kids will love them!


2 comments:

Lee said...

Fish Tacos (http://todaysspecials-recipes.blogspot.com/2010/02/crispy-baked-fish.html) have been a favorite in our house for years. I guess living in So. Tx. you eventually put everything in a tortilla. LOL

Jess said...

YUM!!! Now I'm hungry! Another yummy addition is using shredded cabbage (or cole slaw mix) instead of lettuce. It's a bit more crunchy and a slightly different flavor. Oh...and some pineapple salsa too. I've had them at a local Mexican restaurant and they were quite tasty. Not sure how they would go over with the family though.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin