Monday, October 11, 2010

Exercise, Exercise, Where Have You Gone???

I feel so disappointed in myself. I haven't exercised in over two weeks and I feel horrible about it. I just don't know what to do. I am thoroughly exhausted as it is with just taking care of my family. I really want to be the woman that goes to Bootcamp three days a week and feels great because I really do love Bootcamp and I really love the way I feel after I am done. It is such a wonderful workout and in such a short amount of time.

So why can't I figure out a way to fit it into my schedule without wearing myself out. I am having such a hard time figuring out a way that I can commit to it. I can only go to Bootcamp at 6am or sometimes 6pm (if my hubby isn't working late or my daughter doesn't have a soccer game). It seems like everytime I do try to commit to it something comes up. Sometimes it's a soccer game, in-laws are in visiting, birthdays, Doctor's appointments, or a sick child or husband, or even myself or a family member or friend that needs help. I know that it is important for me to exercise to stay healthy but I just can't put it in front of my family and friends.

Do any of you have the same problem? I know I could be doing another form of exercise but Marc at Fuel Fitness has given me such an awesome opportunity by letting me join his bootcamps and I really feel like I am missing out if I don't go. I wish I had a solution. :(

I think I am coming to the realization that I am going to have to choose a new form of exercise. So what do I choose? Nothing seems even comparable to Bootcamp. I would love to get a video to do at home. Maybe someday that will be an option. That would be really cool!!!

I would love to hear about what type of exercise is working for you!


2 comments:

Owlhaven said...

HI Jessica,
I am super new at this regular-exercise thing (I've been doing the Couch to 5K for 5 weeks now, exercising 3-4 days a week). But I think one of the reasons it is working is that I just have to put on my shoes and go outside. Most of the time I even take a kid or two with me. If I had to drive someplace, find a babysitter, or whatever, I don't think it would work as well for me. Maybe you can look at the Bootcamp as something to aim for once a week? then could you just decide on something at home for a couple other days? Because even 15 minutes walking pushing a stroller is better than not exercising at all, right?

Anonymous said...

I have found the same problem with myself too! Since I started reading your blog I notice and please don't take this the wrong way but when you are doing well I do well but lately I have been in a massive slump too! I have no energy and the more I moan on to myself about how fat I am the more junk I seem to eat! For me even just getting a walk in helps soo much but I can't even get myself to do that. I use the treadmill, 20 mins, 1 mile how hard can that be!? It is hard! I have 4 children 7 and under. So the older 2 are in school. My husband is a farmer and pedigreed seed grower. I help him as much as possible. So it seems that I am forever running for snacks for the kids or running errands for him! And there is never enough time for me!!!! I need to get on that treadmill! And just walk its only 20 mins yet I sit and don't do it. I understand. Maybe it will help you to know that we are all here for you and ourselves too! Do what you can when you can. Maybe it will get easier. I think once you hit 2 weeks of consistency it gets easier its just getting to the consistency!!! All the best!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin