Monday, October 25, 2010

Depression

I am sure many of you have noticed the past few weeks that my posts are not like me. I am not writing regularly and I am sure you can notice the lack of motivation for losing weight. I'm sure if you have been reading my blog you know that this is just not like me.

My lack of motivation lately has not just been towards my weight loss. I have pretty much lacked motivation in every area of my life. I am normally a person that over does everything even if it means suffering more because of my Fibromyalgia. Sometimes I just don't know when to stop. But right now I don't even have the motivation to do things at all. It's not like me and it is so frustrating.

I have been trying to shake this feeling for 6-8 weeks or maybe even a little longer but I just can't seem to snap out of it. I have tried everything and anything to try to get my back and nothing seems to work. I do have good days but even my good days aren't quite normal.
I thought for sure I could shake this but as of last week I realized that no matter what I do I can't change the way I feel right now.

I messaged my Rhuematologist and she agrees that I am probably suffering with depression. She suggested seeing a Psychiatrist to adjust my medications. I will be seeing the Psychiatrist this Thursday. I really hope to get things figured out soon so that I can start feeling normal again.

Until then I am going to do the best I can with my weight loss. I am still trying and no matter how I feel I am not ready to give up on my weight loss journey. I have worked too hard to give that up.

Today I am going to do some meal planning for the week. This should help to relieve a little stress and help me to eat healthier.

Please keep me in your prayers as I deal with this situation.


8 comments:

N said...

The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing. Zeph 3:17 Jessica: You are a blessing and encouragement to so many! I will certainly lift you up in prayer.

Sarah said...

Just wanted to let you know that I struggle with depression too. It sucks, and I am thinking of and praying for you. Hang in there. You will get past it!!

tammyyarbrough said...

The same thing has happened to me this month due to Fibromyalgia. My Rhuematologist put me on Celexa 20 mg for the depression 2 weeks ago. Although I have been really tired and want to sleep a lot, it seems to have started helping. I just wanted to let you know that my doctor told me that when we suffer from Fibro, we try to trick our bodies into thinking we are normal, so we push ourselves harder than we should. Remember that this is an cronic disease, so take care of yourself and listen to your body. I know personally that's easier said than done :)

Kelly said...

I am so sorry. This really sounds familiar. I was going through something very similar over the summer. I knew I wasn't me. I hated the feeling. No motivation to do anything. I just wanted to stay in my bedroom all day. I didn't even want interaction with other people except my husband.

I went to my gynecologist who is also an endocrinologist and he took blood and diagnosed me with PCOS and insulin resistance. I told him I was feeling down lately and he said that PCOS will cause depression when your hormones are out of whack.

Might be something to get checked out.

Wishing you the best and lots of smiles. Hang in there.

TJ said...

I'm sorry that you are going through this Jessica. When my pain level gets high I tend to disappear from blogging too- so hang in there and I'm glad you contacted your doctor. xoxo

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Sorry you are going through this. Hope medications help soon.

Beth said...

Please be kind to yourself during this time. You have already lost tons of weight and changed you life for the better. There is still time to lose the rest even if it doesn't happen now. No deadline. Taking care of yourself should be the number one priority right now so you can be a good caretaker for your family. And a happy person.

I haven't been depressed necessarily but the last 3-4 months have been very difficult with regard to weight loss. I finally decided I'm okay with letting myself coast for awhile. As long as I take care of myself and monitor my health. So I can understand to a point what you are going through.

Big hugs and best wishes for getting your groove back.

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Thank so much for all of your sweet comments. You are all so sweet for caring.

Beth, what you said made a lot of sense. I think I may have been pushing and pushing myself to lose more weight and when my body didn't cooperate I felt like a failure. But I think you are right. Sometimes it is ok to coast. It's not the end of the world if I don't lose weight every month. Thank you for reminding me. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin