Tuesday, September 7, 2010

What A Weekend!


Pippi trying to tell me that she needs water. :)



I kicked off the weekend by having some friends over for some late night pizza and ice cream on Friday night. When my oldest daughter was a baby we used to do this all of the time. Now, we are lucky if we do it once a year. After you have more then one child it is so much harder to do things like this physically and financially.





These are the pizza's that we picked up for our pizza night. I only ordered 5 and bread sticks but ended up with 7 because they forgot to put light sauce on two of them. They ended up remaking them and offering us the other two for $2.50 each. Of course I couldn't resist that. What a steal! We ended up with lots of extra pizza. I froze what was left of the cheese pizza for my girls. If we need a quick dinner before soccer some night I will just pull them out of the freezer and warm them up.

We had such a great night with friends but unfortunately I ate too much. I had three pieces of specialty pizza, 2/3's of an order of cheesy bread (with garlic butter) and a small Stormer (Blizzard) from our local ice cream store. It was made out of chocolate ice cream, peanut butter syrup and peanut butter cups. Remember, this was not my dinner it was just my late night snack. I'm sure you can imagine what I felt like when I stood up. I felt like I was going to explode. My stomach felt like a balloon that needed to pop. All night I tossed and turned in pain.



The next morning I had to get up early for Boot Camp at Fuel Fitness. I actually made it and somehow I was able to exercise. Unfortunately the indigestion and upset stomach didn't go away until the next morning. It is amazing what overeating can make you feel like. I decided, after Friday night's late night pizza and ice cream, that I will no longer binge like that again. It was just not worth feeling so sick. It was the most horrible two days of my life. My stomach just can't handle it.


After I got home from Bootcamp I took a nice long nap. I needed it after the night before. Then I went to my parents to pick some watermelons. They are all ripe and wonderfully sweet. While visiting my parents I was able to see the most wonderful rainbow on the farm. I took this picture of my Pap-pap's old tractor sitting on the farm. It brings back so many memories of growing up on the farm. I love this picture.







On Sunday I took the girls to Church Sunday and was once again amazed by God's Love! I couldn't afford to go to a Women's conference because of a financial issue that came up. After Church I was told that someone anonymously paid for me to go. God is so good! He teaches me everyday to have Faith in him. With God,anything is possible.






I love these faces!




The girls posing in their Church clothes.


On Sunday evening we went to my parents for dinner. We had awesome hamburgers (with bacon, bleu cheese, and sweet peppers mixed in) and Grilled Patty Pan Squash. I sliced the Patty Pan Squash and sprayed them with PAM and sprinkled with onion and garlic powder. Then I grilled them until slightly tender. They were awesome! I can't wait to make them again.


Flat Pan Squash on the grill!

On Monday, Labor Day, we started the day off with an interview with our local New Station, WBRE. Kyla Campbell is doing a story on my weight loss, blog and magazine article. I am so excited because tomorrow night between 5 and 6 pm my family and I are going to be on the news. If you get WBRE News make sure you watch it!
After the interview we went to a Pig Roast where I had a great time catching up with family. We don't get to seem them often enough. I did eat way to much Grape Salad. I don't know if you ever had it before but it is amazing. This one had Grapes, some kind of cream cheese mixture and crushed candy bar on top. As soon as I get the recipe I will post it. It is my favorite dessert. It sounds kind of gross but it is so, so good!
We also got to play in the creek. It was a little slick but the girls and I had so much walking through the water and splashing. Makayla loved laying on her body and pretending to swim. I wish I would have had my camera.
I hope all of you had a great Labor Day! What did you do over the long weekend? Where you able to stay on track with your eating?


3 comments:

A Girl Who Loves Cupcakes said...

I didn't do as well as I would of liked to. I had a run in with a ice cream sandwich cake! It was so good and I ate two pieces. Other than that, I'm proud of myself! Your dog is SO cute!

The Millers said...

I love grape salad! Here is my recipe: 8oz cream cheese softened, 1 cup sour cream, 1/3 cup sugar, 2tsp vanilla, 4 pounds grapes, 4 heath bars chopped
Beat the cream cheese, then blend in sour cream, sugar & vanilla. Fold in the grapes. Cover & refridgerate until time to serve. Sprinkle with Heath bars.
I have also had it with brown sugar and Butterfinger.

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Thank you so much for the recipe! I can't wait to make it. Have you tried it with low fat or fat free sour cream and cream cheese?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin