Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I Banned The Ice Cream From The House!

I finally did it! I made the decision to ban the ice cream from my house. From now on if we want ice cream we will have to go out to eat it. This is the only way to keep myself from binging on it right now. It's sad but I this is really what I need to do.

On Monday I started back at Bootcamp. It was a tough workout but I did it. I was so proud of myself when I was done. It was one of those workouts where I couldn't catch my breath the entire time. I'm going back tonight for another session. I wanted to go this morning but couldn't get out of bed on time. As much as I dislike exercising I do like the amount of calories I am burning during these workouts. That is what is keeping me going.

Last night I went to a Pampered Chef Party. I love Pampered Chef! I don't know if any of you are as much of a fan of it as I am. The Stoneware is awesome! The consultant made a wonderful Ham, broccoli and cheese Calzone. It was amazing. She also made a delicious cake in the microwave. Then the host made a Enchilada pizza on her pizza stone. It was such a fun night and it reminded me of my love for cooking and Pampered Chef. I actually purchased some of their spices. I can't wait to get them and make some grilled chicken. The spices sound wonderful!

I'm sure you can figure out that with all of that fattening food that I ate too much. I had way too much cake and pretty much everything else. I hadn't eaten much yesterday just because I wasn't very hungry and then when I smelled food I felt absolutely ravenous. It was horrible! I think I ate more then anyone else at the party. I really need to get my act together. I really should have eaten dinner before I went. Then I wouldn't have been as hungry when I smelled the food. It is a lot harder to resist when you are starving.

I do have another great Smoothie Recipe to share. I have had it for breakfast the last two days and I love it!

Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie:
by: Jessica Brow at Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget
http://pudget1.blogspot.com

1 cup of fat free milk or Almond Breeze
1 tbsp of dry Sager free/fat free banana pudding mix
1/8 cup Splenda
1/2 a frozen banana
2 tsp. Peanut Butter
4-6 ice cubes

I Blend it in my Vitamix but you could also us a blender. Enjoy!!!


6 comments:

Kelly said...

Just want to say I have been lurking around your blog for sometime now trying to decide if I wanted to do WW or if I just wanted to give in and not care anymore. I am starting out at the weight you began with so that is what first had me check out your blog and what you did to lose weight. I joined WW yesterday and plan on trying my best, just wanted you to know you are an inspiration and I could care less if you use are like me and sometimes do not use proper English or always spell correctly on this blog (smile) keep it going! You are inspiring!

Manda Mae said...

It's ok. Get back on track. You can do it. I agree, eating dinner before you went would've helped a lot. It is something I have to be very conscious of otherwise I want to eat everything in front of me!

Mandy said...

You have a Vitamix! *jealous*

I'm really proud of you for taking the Ice Cream Stand! There are some things that we just can't have in the house. For me, it's Newman Os. For you, it's ice cream. You'll be happier for your choice!

Izze said...

Have you tried the CarbSmart chocolate ice cream bars that are only 3 carbs? They are a yummy treat, satisfying and they are great to make a milkshake with using Unsweetened Almond milk, Walden Farms SF/Carb free chocolate sauce, a little xylitol (powdered sweetner made from birch tree www.swanson.com)some SF vanilla syrup, ice and blend. Did you know that Splenda has 1 carb per packet? Love the blog!

McNeill Family said...

Here is a simple ice cream substitute. I use the greek yogurt but any non-fat plain yogurt will do. Just put a serving of yogurt, frozen berries and a tad of non-fat milk to help the blending process in the blender and blend away. You can also curse at your blender like I have to do because it is super hard to blend...maybe you have a better blender than me!!! Also add 1 splenda packet for sweetness! The consistency is just like ice cream! Serve it in a mug so it stays frozen longer (the bowl cuases it to melt too fast)! It really has helped me. I usually eat it while I am watching the Biggest Loser!!!

McNeill Family said...

Here is a simple ice cream substitute. I use the greek yogurt but any non-fat plain yogurt will do. Just put a serving of yogurt, frozen berries and a tad of non-fat milk to help the blending process in the blender and blend away. You can also curse at your blender like I have to do because it is super hard to blend...maybe you have a better blender than me!!! Also add 1 splenda packet for sweetness! The consistency is just like ice cream! Serve it in a mug so it stays frozen longer (the bowl cuases it to melt too fast)! It really has helped me. I usually eat it while I am watching the Biggest Loser!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin