Thursday, September 2, 2010

"Fat Jessica" From The Beginning - A Must Read

A really good friend of mine sent me a message last night asking how she can read my story from the beginning. She said she needed some motivation and she wanted to start by reading about "Fat Jessica" first. Please don't take offense to this because she did not mean it rude in any way. She just really wanted to read about my struggles and successes when I started my weight loss journey at 216.6 pounds.




I think she has a really great point. Some of you who have recently started following me don't know about my struggles and successes when I was 50 pounds heavier. I feel that the beginning of my journey is an important part of my Story. The beginning is when I struggled the most. In the beginning of my journey I binged more, cried about my weight, couldn't exercise, felt horrible about myself and was depressed. I'm sure a lot of you either are going through that right now or have gone through that.







A never seen before picture of me from the beginning. (Dec. 2008)



Me a year and a half later after losing 50 pounds.




When you see my posts today you don't see any of that but let me tell you that a year and a half ago that was my life. I felt so horrible about myself that I didn't want to be seen and really had a hard time leaving the house or looking people in the eye. All I could think was that they where thinking about how fat I got. I will never forget how horrible that feeling was. Now I can look at it and realize that no one was really thinking that but back then it seemed so real. If any of you have ever experienced or are experiencing this please read my Story from the beginning.




You can't set your standards as high as someone that has already lost 5o pounds. It will just depress you if you aren't at that point in your life. If you aren't where I am or where someone else is don't worry about it. We all had to start somewhere. Yes, I can go to bootcamp and enjoy it now but a year and a half ago it would have been so much harder. A year and a half ago I would eat 6-8 slices of pizza for dinner but now I eat 1-2. You need to go at your own pace and don't expect to feel the same or be able to do the same things as someone else. Just remember that we all have a story behind our weight loss. There is no magic pill. I wish I could say there is but honestly it is a lot of hard work, a lot of struggles, lifestyle changes and trusting God to be with you all of the way.







Christmas 2008 - You can see on my face how unhappy I was. I hate this picture because I remember not being able to enjoy Christmas the way I should have been.



50 pounds lost picture




Without God by my side I would not be where I am today. I give God all of the Glory and all of the Honor for my weight loss and my Blog success. He is an awesome God who has been with me every step of the way. Without Him I would not be who I am today. God is awesome and He loves us all the same. It doesn't matter who you are or what you have done in the past. God will forgive you for all of your sins and all you have to do is ask Him into your heart and ask for forgiveness.




Please don't take any of what I just said as me trying to sound better then anyone else. I am not. I am a sinner just like everyone else but I accepted God as my personal saviour and asked forgiveness for my sins and He has forgiven me. With Him I never feel alone during my weight loss journey or my life. God wants us to keep our bodies healthy and I know that He will help me to do so. If you want God in your life and need someone to talk to, please send me and email.




Please read my journey from the beginning. You can click here to start. After each post and comments you can click on "Newer Posts" to take you to the next one. I really hope that by reading my journey from the beginning that all of you can realize how similar our weight loss journey's are. I pray that you are motivated by what God has helped me accomplish and that you will see how I struggled along the way and how God helped me to slowly change my lifestyle. There is no quick fix so take your time and do it the right way.



Enjoy my Journey!!!


2 comments:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Going to read it now.

Traveliztera said...

you totally look awesome! congratulations! :D

Blog Widget by LinkWithin