Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Don't Give Up and Low-Fat Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe

When I woke up this morning for Bootcamp, at Fuel Fitness, I decided not to go and reset my alarm. I was in so much pain and I really wanted to use that as my excuse because it is so hard. After about 15 minutes of laying in bed I felt so guilty about not going that I got up and rushed around to get to Bootcamp on time.

I am so glad I changed my mind. I had such a great time today. I was more comfortable with the way things work and new what to expect. Today was hard but doable. I am so uncoordinated and my memory isn't the greatest so I am still having a little trouble remembering the order of the exercises and what they are but it is getting so much easier. I worked through my pain and actually feel better then I did before I went. Don't get me wrong, I am still in pain but it isn't any worse then yesterday. After today's workout I decided that I LOVE BOOTCAMP at FUEL FITNESS!!!! It's such a good workout and I feel wonderful when I leave. I can't wait until Friday's workout! It really does pay to stick it out and give it a chance before you give up.

After bootcamp I went to the grocery store and bought everything I needed to make a wonderful Low fat Spinach and Artichoke dip to take to my friends house. I also found 1 P pita's at Weis Markets that I cut into triangles and sprayed with PAM, salt and garlic and baked for a few minutes. They are made by Atie's. The Pita chips were perfect in the dip. I forgot to take pictures. I will try to remember next time I make it. It was so good!

Spinach Artichoke Dip
from: Whole Food Recipes cookbook by Vitamix

Ingredients:
1/2 cup light mayo
1/2 cup light sour cream
1 sliced lemon, peeled and seeded
1 (10 oz) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 clove garlic, peeled
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup frozen and cooked artichoke hearts or canned artichoke hearts, drained

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Place all ingredients, except artichoke hearts into Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
3. Select Variable 1.
4 Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to Variable 4
5. Blend for 15 seconds. Remove the lid plug.
6. Add artichokes through the lid plug opening.
7. Blend for an additional seconds
8. Pour into an oven-safe dish and bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.

Yields 2 3/4 cups
per 2 tbsp serving: 35 calories 2 g fat, 1 g fiber


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin