Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Popcorn, Popcorn, I Love Popcorn!

Thanks to my readers for all of the great popcorn ideas. After writing my post on popcorn last week I was given tons of great ideas. The most popular being to make your own popcorn. I have to say that I had never done this before writing that post.


Our Popcorn



On Friday night my daughter and I decided to make some fresh homemade popcorn for something to munch on and also for a little fun. My daughter loved it! She just thought it was the greatest thing in the world. After we finished making the popcorn we added our flavoring. I had Nacho Cheese and Maddie and Todd had butter flavoring and salt.



Maddie holding the Kernel Season's Nacho Cheese Popcorn Seasoning




You were all so right! It is much cheaper to make your own popcorn and it tastes better. We loved listening to the kernels popping and Maddie loved spraying her popcorn with the butter flavored spritzer. The Kernel Season's Nacho Cheese flavoring was awesome! Todd and Maddie didn't like it but neither or them are real fans of nacho cheese. I am definitely a fan of both! It really gave your same old popcorn a little kick. They also had Kettle Corn flavoring which I really, really want to try but since they were around three dollars a piece I decided to try one at a time.



My bowl of popcorn with the Nacho Cheese Seasoning.



We also bought the Kernel Season's Butter Flavored Spritzer. It is supposed to help the salt and other toppings stick better to the popcorn. It did help the salt stick but I didn't find it to have much flavor. I think I would prefer using I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray instead. It's not bad I just need a little more flavor and some softening effect from the fake butter. :)



Maddie holding the Kernel Season's Butter flavored popcorn spritzer.

Making homemade popcorn was definitely a success! We will be doing it this way from now on. It really isn't difficult and the cleanup isn't bad either. The best part was Maddie's face when the kernels started popping. So worth that little extra effort. Thanks again to everyone that shared their opinion on popcorn!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday's menu:

We went to an amusement park and I ate way more then I had planned. We didn't get there until 2pm and I hadn't eaten anything at this point. Very stupid. It was just so busy during the morning that I didn't take the time to eat. Not a good idea to go to an amusement park with a very, very empty stomach.

Breakfast:

None

Lunch:

1 1/2 tri-tator's
1/2 fried perogie
a Cuban sandwich
1 frozen Whoopie Pie
1/8 cup of fried popcorn chicken
4 french fries

Dinner:
1/2 cup of coleslaw
1 Pork BBQ Sandwich

Water:
Yes

Exercise:
20 minute walk around park
6 hours walking around amusement park.



5 comments:

heather said...

I make a homemade version of kettle corn...not sure how it will fit in the "diet" aspect,but it would work for a treat.

http://outtatheboxintothekitchen.blogspot.com/2010/02/homemade-kettle-corn.html

also on the ww site they had one for cinnamon sugar popcorn...it used powdered sugar and cinnamon. my 3 yr old LOVES it! i know it was 1 pt per 3 cups, but can't remember how much sugar/cinnamon mix there was on it. maybe a tbsp?

TJ said...

So glad you found those seasonings! Three cheers for popcorn!! :) YEAH! Now I'm headed to the kitchen to make mine! lol

Miz said...

I love me some air popped.

misted with water.

tossed with chocolate PROTEIN POWDER.

but Im a misfit that way :)

Heather B said...

Misti -- That air popped popcorn with chocolate protein powder sounds soo good!

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Sorry it took me so long to respond. your ideas sound absolutely amazing! Thanks so much for sharing. I'm sure we will enjoy them all!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin