Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My Husband Lost 30 + Pounds!


I don't write about my husband very often but he really is the best!

When I started my weight loss journey he came along for the ride. It was really never a question of making two different meals (one for me and one for my family). I never debated about whether or not I should buy two different types of snacks. We have always eaten together as a family and we have always eaten the same thing. That's the way things were and neither of us ever considered changing that.

I decided from the beginning that if I would be eating healthy so would the rest of the family. I also decided that I would always make food that the whole family would enjoy without ever knowing that it was healthy. I don't deprive them of special snacks like fruit snacks, cupcakes and chips. They just have them every once in a while as a special treat.

My plan was a success! My husband told me last week that he has lost over 30 pounds since I started my weight loss journey. His Doctor was actually a little worried thinking that he was losing weight without trying. The funny part is that he was losing weight without even trying. I think that is when it hit him that he has lost over 30 pounds just because of what I cook and what I buy to snack on.

He doesn't feel deprived. He always eats until he is full. He still snacks when he is hungry. It is just the food is so much healthier then we were used to. That and we don't eat out very much because we are on a strict budget.

It's cute to see how happy he is when I tell him that his pants are way to big or when he can fit into a large shirt instead of extra large. I have to say that my husband is a real trooper. Not once has he complained about the change in food. Actually he complemented me the entire way. He loves that I make more veggies and healthy meats such as chicken and steak. He loves every new thing I make. He even drinks my green smoothies with me. His favorite meal is lean hamburgers w/ 2% cheese, perogies baked w/ PAM and green beans.

My husband is not only a great supporter but he is my taste tester and my photographer. I could not have lost the weight or written this blog without him. Todd, you are the best and I love you! Thank you for all of your support and congrats on your weight loss!


6 comments:

fblife said...

Yeah for Todd! And good for you for loving your husband so much you brag about him! :)

Tammy said...

Jessica, could you come live with me for awhile? I would love to have someone cook healthy food for me and be none the wiser until my pants start getting looser.

Congratulations on all that you have achieved with your weight loss and providing healthy food for your family. This was truly an inspiring post and I enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.

:Deliciously Healthy said...

High 5 to your hubs! He needs to talk to my hubs... He eats healthy at home, but I can't get him to stop going out to eat for lunch, and snacking at work!

Christina said...

Hi congratulations on your weight loss and your husbands. I've recently started a weight loss blog of my own and I hope you don't mind me adding you as one of my favorite blogs.

http://nevertheskinnygirl.blogspot.com

jenn said...

hello my name is jenn i am new to this site, i signed up for it becuz i seen your story in womens world and was inspired. i am not sure how the whole site works yet but i would like to say congrats to you and to your husband. i am hoping this works for me like it has worked for u!

Me and Jorge - Amber said...

Hi Jessica! I read your story in Women's World. I was excited because they are featuring my weightloss story in the next issue and are stories are a lot alike! I dont think my blog will get a mention though :( Congrats on your loss and great will power!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin