Saturday, August 21, 2010

Me and My Girl!




My daughter is starting Kindergarten this coming week and I am not ready. She has the clothes, the shoes, the book bag and the lunch bag. It's emotionally that I am not ready. It breaks my heart that after having only five (almost 6) short years with her I will be sending her to school for 7 hours a day. That's seven hours less a day that I get to spend with her. It makes me so sad.

On the other hand Maddie is really ready to go. She has no fear of Kindergarten. She is just excited to learn and make new friends. She really is the most amazing child. She is so smart, so beautiful and she loves the Lord!



These last five (almost six) years have been the best years of my life. I have been able to watch my baby grow into this amazing little girl who wants to live her life for God. What else can I ask for?

She is so special and has such a sweet and compassionate heart. I know I sound like I am bragging about my child and maybe I am just a bit but Maddie really isn't like most children. She is different and I mean that in a good way. She is sensitive, sweet and so compassionate. She acts so much older then most five year old's. She never wants to hurt anyone or anything. She thinks before she acts which is not very common in a five year old. You would expect a child that is this sweet to be shy but Maddie is not. She is outgoing and confident. My little clingy Momma's girl from 3 years ago has turned into a independent little girls that is ready to go to school on her own. This little girl just amazes me every day and I'm sure as the years go on she will continue to do the same. I just can't believe my little girl is going to school.



That being said, I am so happy that she is the independent girl that she is. If she was nervous about going to school it would be even harder for me to send her. I am excited that she is excited! She is ready which in turn means whether I like it or not I need to be ready too.

To Celebrate Maddie going to Kindergarten we had our last Mommy and Maddie day before she starts. Our day started out with a little surprise from Mommy. We went to an amazing Japanese Restaurant for lunch. This was Maddie's first time eating Japanese and she loved every second of it. We sat at the Hibachi grill and watched them cook our meal and Maddie just watched in amazement. It was so cute! She actually liked the food so much that she ate more then me.

I also ordered a Sushi roll just to let her try it. I ordered my favorite. It's called a B-52 and it is amazing. It has raw eel and yellow fish in it (I think). Maddie ate almost half of the huge roll. She loved the fact that it was so spicy. She really is a funny kid. She also loved the Miso soup. She ate hers and half of mine. :)










After our lunch we went to the mall and found her a pair of black flats that she needed to start school. Her old ones were just a little to small. Then we went for ice cream where she got a hot fudge sundae with cookie dough ice cream.

After our ice cream we went for a bike ride. We forgot the training wheels so she had to learn to ride without. She did awesome! She has the balancing and pedaling down. She just needs to work on the steering. She actually road her bike right into a tree. I'm not quite sure how she did that one but she did. By the time I got to her she had bloody teeth, a bloody lip and a mouth full of tree bark. I'm not kidding! She seriously had bark in her mouth and stuck all over her face. All I can say is thank God for helmets. If she wouldn't have had a helmet on it would have been way worse. You can actually see where the helmet hit the tree and stopped most of the impact. Luckily I had an ice pack in the cooler that I brought our drinks in. That of course ended our Mommy and Maddie day. I was happy to go home after seven hours out and about.











Yesterday's Menu:

Breakfast:
None

Lunch:
1/4 cup of fried rice
1/4 cup of noodles
2 oz (approx.) chicken
3 pieces of the B-52 Sushi roll
salad w/ Japanese dressing




Dessert:
Small sundae with hot fudge and coconut
Dinner:
Barbecue Pirate's Booty
1 Sugar Free pudding w/ 2 tsp. of peanut butter
Water:
Yes
Exercise:
1 hour of bike riding



6 comments:

Pamela said...

Go ahead, Mom, brag!! It's so heart-warming to read. Your daughter sounds like a lovely little girl and I hope she has a wonderful kindergarten year.

Crystal said...

I am not a mother but I love to hear and read moms talk about their kids. I just don't have those types of motherly feelings but love people that do. Hope she's healing up from her accident.

Anonymous said...

What a sad post, you said it was your last mommy and Maddie day. Why would you tell her that? Seriously its kindergarten. My daughter would be crushed if she woke up and I said "sorry kid thats it for us".

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Crystal and Pamala - Thanks so much! She is so excited to start Kindergarten this week.

Annonymous - I'm so sorry you misunderstood my post.
If you reread you will see that I said it was our last "Mommy and Maddie" day before she starts Kindergarten. After she starts Kindergarten there will be many more. It was just our way of Celebrating this new stage in her life. So sorry I confused you.

money-savingmommy said...

Anonymous-- Don't you have the guts to leave your real name? I think you need to get a life before you start picking about people's blog posts...or at least learn to read them correctly before you comment.

Heather

Ulga said...

Kindergarten is such an exciting phase of life!!! New beginning, new friends, a lifetime of learning. It SHOULD be celebrated. I hope every little boy and girl going to Kindergarten gets to spend one special day w/ their parent(s) before they embark on this wonderful journey.

Great for you and Maddie! What a fun day of celebration.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin