Monday, August 9, 2010

Low-Fat Sausage, Broccoli and Rice Skillet

Another great recipe for all of you to try! I hope you love it as much as my family did. It is another one of our new favorites. Makayla, my two year old, ate more then me.



I actually just made it because it was healthy, cheap, I had everything on hand and it was quick to make before my hair cut tonight. My friend Becky gave me the recipe and I just switched the Olive Oil to some Brummel and Brown butter and it tasted wonderful. I should actually say amazing!







Low-Fat Sausage, Broccoli and Rice Skillet

From: Becky W.



1 package of Turkey Sausage

2 bags of frozen broccoli florets

2 cups of dry rice ( I used Korean rice and made it in the rice cooker)

approx. 1/2 cup of Brummel and Brown Yogurt Butter (Best thing ever!)

1 tsp of garlic powder

1/2 tsp salt



Start rice in rice cooker or stove. Cook as package directs. Boil broccoli until slightly tender. Cut sausage into slices (6-8 per link). I cut mine while it was still half frozen (it was easier that way). Cook sausage on stove with a little EVOO until fully cooked. Add Brummel and Brown butter and garlic powder and mix. Then add rice, broccoli and salt and mix together. If it is to dry you can add more Brummel and Brown and let melt. This is such a quick and easy meal. You are going to love it!


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin