I meant to write this post early this morning (make that yesterday morning) and then life got crazy and here I am at 12:55 a.m. finally writing my exciting news. As of today (yesterday), I have officially lost 50 pounds!
I know this sounds crazy but I was way more excited when I lost 40 pounds then when I lost 50. Maybe I am just too tired. :) Actually, I think I was more excited because I lost it a lot faster back then and the changes in my body were so much more noticeable.
I am absolutely thrilled to be able to say I lost 50 pounds. 50 pounds is a lot of weight to lose and honestly it doesn't seem real to me. It is almost as if I can't remember weighing 216.6 pounds. If I really think hard (or read my old blog posts) I can remember the way I felt back then and the struggles I had. But honestly this journey of losing weight has been so wonderful and eye opening in so many ways that it is hard to remember the bad times.
When I think back to the first day of my journey I remember thinking that the 150's seemed so far out of sight that it wasn't even worth thinking about them. It just made me more depressed. It is kind of funny now because really it wasn't that long ago that I had those thoughts and here I am only 6 pounds away from being in the 150's. That's amazing!
If you feel like I did when I started my weight loss journey please don't be discouraged. What seems to be completely out of reach really isn't. Just take it slow and enjoy the journey. Honestly, the journey has been the best part of my entire weight loss. If I would have magically lost 50 pounds over night I would have missed out on so much of my life. I would have missed so many learning experiences and so many opportunities to help others.
God has really opened my eyes while on this journey. He has taught me that I should never wish my life away in hopes of something "perfect". When I started losing weight I just wanted to have the magic pill so that I wouldn't have to suffer with being overweight anymore. I wanted the weight to just fall right off because I didn't think I could live another day, let alone another year, feeling the way I did about my weight and myself. Now I look back at everything I would have missed this past year and a half if I would have let my weight make me too miserable to live my life. I would have missed enjoying my girls growing from 9 months to over 2 years and my oldest from 4 1/2 to almost 6. I had so many great times throughout this journey because God allowed me to enjoy the ride and focus on the positive instead of the negative. God really opened my eyes to so many things that I never saw or thought of before. He has been with me every step of the way. God has so many great things planned for my life and I am ready to do whatever he has planned for me.
50 things my Journey has taught me:
1. That swimming in the pool with my girls is way more important then worrying about how fat I look in a bathing suit.
2. My family is way more important to me then being skinny ever will be. 3. Life is way to short to worry about what people think about you.
4. God loves me no matter what I look like.
5. It's okay to eat 8 S'more's a night while camping. :)
6. Don't shove cupcakes in your mouth every time you are stressed.
7. Don't ever let your hair hide your face (Thanks, Joy!).
8. I love Watermelon!
9. I have a wonderful supportive husband.
10. My readers are my friends.
11. It's okay for woman to talk about how much they weigh. It isn't as scary as it sounds.
12. To love my body through every step of my weight loss.
13. To have fun!!!
14. It's okay to wear houchy skirts! This one is for you, Heather and Sabrina! LOL
15. I want my kids to grow up eating healthy.
16. My God is an Awesome God and he has been with me every step of my 50 pound weight loss journey!
17. Sometimes Chocolate Binges do happen no matter how hard you try to prevent them.
18. I really crave Cold Stone Creamery's German Chocolate ice cream all of the time. :)
19. I love Pirate's Booty more then Cheetos.
20. Best Chocolate fix ever is a Sugar Free Jello Pudding Cup w/ 1 tsp of peanut butter mixed in.
21. Diet Pills are not for me. Never tried them, never will.
22. Eating healthy doesn't have to cost a fortune.
23. Rice cakes are gross!
24. I love to eat lean hamburger as much as possible.
25. Jillian Micheal's is not my favorite person but she does have a good workout.
26. My Fibromyalgia did not get better with my weight loss. :(
27. My confidence is soaring because of my journey not my weight lost.
28. I love me!
29. My kids think my blog is cool.
30. I love doing product reviews and giveaways.
31. Protein is my best friend. Without it I can't survive the day without a binge.
32. I still hate exercise!
33. I can run for an hour straight.
34. I am late for everything because I am always doing something with my blog. :)
35. My family loves when I get new things to sample.
36. With God anything is possible!
37. I really love my silly side!
38. I love eating healthy!
39. I love making new recipes.
40. # 1 new discovery are my smoothie recipes.
41. I can survive a day without chocolate.
42. You need to take baby steps.
43. Eat lots of fruits and veggies.
44. Always drink lots of water.
45. I love meeting new people.
46. I love my readers comments. :)
47. I love to cook new low fat recipes and change them to be less costly.
48. Slow and Steady wins the race!
49. I only want God's will for my life.
50. Todd, Madelyn, Makayla, Mom, Dad, Heather, Sam, Kristin, Matt, Aunt Diana - You are the best family any woman could ask for. You were here for me every step of the way. You didn't laugh at me (not to my face anyway. LOL) when I posted my weight to the world. You supported every crazy thing I have ever done. You ate crazy recipes I experimented with. You exercised with me and encouraged me to keep going when I was feeling down. You have complemented me my entire journey and made me feel pretty on days I wasn't feeling it. You are all awesome and your support means more to me then you will ever know. I love all of you very much! Thanks for helping me through this journey. I couldn't have done it without you.