Monday, August 2, 2010

I Ate The Cake!

I know I haven't logged in what I ate the past few days. That's because I was so busy that I was just grabbing food whenever I could get it. I couldn't remember what I ate even if I wanted to. It was a crazy, crazy weekend.

Saturday the girls and I made a healthy lunch together. We made English Muffin Pizza's with lots of healthy ingredients. We used the low-fat, high fiber English muffins, carrots, mushrooms, onions, grape tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and 2% mozzarella cheese. The girls loved making there own pizzas and I enjoyed watching them eat all of those healthy ingredients.


Maddie's Pizza


Makayla's Pizza



All of the pizza's


My lunch! One of the few things I do remember eating this weekend. Check out my Pirate's Booty (Puffs). I received my free samples and I can't wait to tell you all about it. Maybe later this week.


After lunch my hubby and I headed out to help cater a wedding reception. What an experience that was! It was a lot of fun but so much work. I can't tell you the last time I had to use physical labor and organizing skills together as much as I did Sat. night. I worked from 4pm to midnight. The food turned out awesome and I had very few chances to eat it. I did have some spinach dip and bread, a blt sandwich with basal mayo and some absolutely wonderful cake. It was called Snicker doodle cake. It had cream cheese frosting. I never had a wedding cake that tasted that good. I'm sure I had other food but really I can't remember.

I wasn't kidding when I said I ate the cake. Not only did I eat it but I also cut it. Cutting a fondant wedding cake is one thing I never want to do ever again. It was very difficult but I pulled it off and it turned out looking great and tasting great! I even got asked by several people what my catering company's name is. It was fun! This is a picture of me making blt sandwiches with basil mayo. One of my favorites!

Me and Nyky covered in sweat. Did I mention it was an outdoor reception.



After the wedding my husband and I stopped at a 24 hour grocery store and bought all of the ingredient's for my friend Becky's son's Graduation Party. I went to bed at 1am and got up at 6 am to make two crock pots of mac & Cheese, a double batch of Calico Beans and a double batch of Black Bottom Cupcakes. Three of my favorites that I don't make often for obvious reasons. I can eat a dozen black bottom cupcakes in one sitting if left alone with them. I ate about 5 of them in the past two days. It's not good but better than a dozen. Becky had some really awesome food at RJ's party. My favorite was her husband's chicken. He cooked it on the grill and it was just wonderful. If it would have been white meat and skinless it would have been healthy. :) I got home at 7:30 pm and put the girls to bed and went straight to bed.


Now you can see why I can't remember what I ate. It was just that crazy and the lack of sleep did not help. Today the kids started Vacation Bible School for the week. The kids just love it! Tomorrow after VBS my Mom is taking us to an Amusement Park. It is going to be a hot day at the park but I am sure we will have a blast. I just need to remember to have some self-control.

And this is the little cutie that I get to spend the week with. While the older kids are at VBS it's just me and Makayla. She is loving the one on one attention and so am I! :)


Pudget's Plateau Busting Formula:

Breakfast:

none

Lunch:

Grilled chicken salad with 2 tbsp of fat free Italian dressing, 1 hard boiled egg, 4 oz chicken and other veggies.

small CMP - I can't believe I ate the salad to be good and then ordered the ice cream anyway.

Snack:

1 black bottom cupcake

30 peanuts

Dinner:

hot dog with Becky's homemade coleslaw and 1/2 cup of Becky's pasta salad.



1 comment:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I didn't know you catered. That has to be hard to do and not eat badly but all the physical work must counteract it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin