Friday, August 20, 2010

Fast Food Or No Fast Food? What's Your Vote?

As we are driving home from a 45 min. trip to the hospital, x-rays at the hospital, a stop at Wal-mart for dog food (poor Jakey was all out) where Jeanie peed all over the cart and floor in the fish aisle, Jeanie decided she wanted french fries. Since she hasn't kept anything down for days I of course decided to stop at Wendy's to get her some.

The debate: It is 4 pm, I have had a long day and I am of course hungry. Do I eat Fast Food or do I wait until I get home and eat a nice big filling, healthy meal?


I chose to get a kiddie size Frosty. Which I must say I was very disappointed with. After about 5 bites my Dixie sized cup was empty. :) It probably was a good thing that it was so small. I then ate 1/4 of my daughter's double cheeseburger (Maddie wanted Burger King). Not bad for having extra french fries staring me in the face the entire ride home.


Just so you know, this is not the kiddie size! LOL.



Then I get home and think, "Why did I waste all of those calories on a couple bites of burger and Frosty?". Why does Fast Food taste so good? I had planned on making Crazy Pineapple Salmon Teriyaki. I haven't made it but my sister said that it is awesome. Anyway, I wish I would have just saved the calories and had my awesome salmon. Instead, I ate part of a burger a Frosty and will probably eat a lunch meat bagel thin sandwich for dinner. Why, why, why?




What's your view on Fast Food? Would you rather have a fast food Kid's Meal or a healthy meal at home?

Please Vote! Fast Food or No Fast Food



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget that today is the last day for the Walmart/Sam's Club $25.00 Gift Card. Click here to enter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



5 comments:

J said...

A healthy meal at home. It has less calories, less fat, less sodium. You also know exactly what you're eating and you're not buying into the lies of processed food.

Colean said...

I would say a meal at home. We gave up fast food about 5 months ago. I never thought I'd be able to do so.

Every now and then I get a little hankering for something like fries or a burger, but then I just make it at home and it's so much better I don't feel like I'm missing out.

Turns out this was the easiest thing I've given up and the only one that I've been able to sustain so far. Best of luck!!

Lee said...

Why not have a Grilled Chicken Sandwich, no mayo (you could even nix the bun) and a side salad with some Salsa for dressing or a low fat dressing?

Eating fast food doesn't have to be unhealthy or full of fattening calories. It's all in the choices we make.

You get the best of both worlds.

Pamela said...

Ten weeks ago, I would have gone with the fast food but having lost 24 pounds so far, nothing is going to make me sacrifice WW points for a quick fix. Whenever I take my daughter to McDonald's, I eat ONE of her French Fries - I would never have thought that I would be that disciplined but they are really beginning to not taste that good. I think that my palate is changing since I have been eating fresh fruits and vegetables, lean protein, and whole grains.

That being said, Lee has a good point. If you are really hungry, there are a few low point choices. Sometimes that might be the best option, since it would take a little time to make a home-cooked meal and you don't want to be snacking while you are doing it.

The other option is to always make sure you have water and snacks with you. Keep a Ziploc bag of free foods in the fridge - carrots, celery, cucumber. Toss a bag of those in your handbag, or even better, into a small insulated lunch bag that will keep them cold, along with a bottle of water.

Sydney said...

Every once in a while, fast food is not a bad option to keep you from blowing it outright on a huge box of fries or something. I had a McDouble (390 calories) and a side salad from McDonalds with Kraft Free Zesty Italian (awesome stuff and only 15 calories for 2 tbsp.!!) and felt like I'd just blown it but I actually stayed within my calorie range and was very full the rest of the evening. I know there's some bad fat in there, but I think every once in a while it's a good thing.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin