Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Must Read!

I was just scrolling through my old posts and found this one. It is one about a binge I had. I thought it might be helpful for some of you to read. Click here to read it. This is what I used to go through when I first started my journey. I think it was just a really bad habit. I remember how much I hated myself when I would do this.

I just wanted to let you know that you are normal if you do this and that you are not the only one in the world that binges. Also, it is possible to get past this really bad habit. I still fight it every once in a while but for the most part I don't really even think about it much anymore. I think the number one change that I had to make was making sure the tempting foods are not anywhere in my house. As you can see by the post I would find them no matter where they are.

I have been asked if I feel bad not having these foods in the house for the rest of my family. My answer is no. My husband has lost 20+ pounds since I started my weight loss journey and that is without even trying. This makes him very happy. As for my girls, they don't know any different and really that is what I have always wanted for them. I want it to be a natural thing to have fruit and veggies at every meal or as a snack. I want them to grow up being healthy and the only way they are going to learn to do this is if I lead by example. So that is what I am doing and I don't feel guilty at all that I don't have any unhealthy food in my house. We really don't need Oreo's or cupcakes. They are a really special treat to all of us when we do have them. Binging does not leave you with a good feeling in your stomach or mind. I want to prevent myself and my children from having to deal with this bad habit.

I hope you enjoy the old post. It made me laugh when I read it because I really can't believe I posted it back then.


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin