Monday, July 26, 2010

The Interview

Thank you all again for all of your thoughts and prayers today. I really have the best readers in the world. You guys are great!

My interview today was wonderful! I couldn't have asked for it to go better. I really enjoyed getting to know the people I will be working with and learning more about the structure of the department and what the position entails.

I was so excited to get a phone call a few hours later for a second interview. It really feels like the perfect fit for me. All of my skills and previous experience fit perfectly into what is expected from this position. This is the exact type of job that I have been looking for.

Please keep me in your prayers again on Wednesday when I go back for my second interview. I am so thrilled that this may be where I will be working. Please pray that God will continue to show me his will in this situation.



Pudget Plateau Busting Formula:

Breakfast:
None- not enough time before Church

Lunch:
2 bagel thins with two slices of Weight Watchers Cheese grilled with grape and cherry tomatoes from the garden inside.

Dinner:
1 cup of Taco Soup w/ 1 serving of baked Tortilla chips. My sister gave me this recipe and it is excellent. My husband thought it was a little to spicy so he put fat free sour cream on his. It looked so good I ended up putting it on mine also. It is so yummy and so low fat!


Taco soup





Taco Soup Recipe:

2 p's per cup


1 lb of lean ground turkey
onion to taste (either flakes or fresh)
cook meat and add 1 pkg of Hidden Valley Ranch dry mix and 1 pkg of taco seasoning (I used low sodium) to coat meat
* do not add liquid
add 1 can of tomato/green chili mix (rotel or walmart brand)
1 can of pinto beans
1 can of black beans
1 can of kidney beans
(rinse all)
add 1 to 1 1/2 cups of water

Cook until hot

Serve over baked tostitos or baked potato



9 comments:

enquizitiv1 said...

I hope that you get the job! BTW, that recipe sounds scrumptious, can't wait to try it!

Kelly The Queen said...

Yeah for the 2nd interview!! Sounds like they are really interested in you! That taco soup recipe looks so yummy. I am going to have to try it!! Love your recipes you post! Drank my water today. Entered my food on spark people, but no exercise today...too tired from putting away everything from our beach trip!

Scuttleboose said...

Congrats on the interview and good luck on the second! :)

Soon-To-Be Skinny Girl said...

I just started reading your blog.... That taco soup looks amazing! I'm going to have to make that soon! Good luck this week with the job interview!

Soon-To-Be Skinny Girl said...

Just stumbled upon your blog...

Good Luck on your 2nd interview!

Thanks for the Taco Soup recipe...that looks amazing!!!

:Deliciously Healthy said...

Glad your interview went well!

That taco soup looks delish!

Wendy said...

Jessica, best wishes, you will be great!!
WEndy

Taco soup looks good, thanks for the recipe.

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

The Taco soup really was amazing. I almost ate some for lunch today but I decided to go with the potato, cheese, tomato combo. Another one of my favs.

Thanks for all of the sweet comments on my interview. Tomorrow's the day and I can't wait. Life is so exciting!

p.s. Kelly, I am so jealous that you just got back from the beach. I really want to go back. Maybe next year. :)

Kelly The Queen said...

I hope you can get back to the beach Jessica....I love the beach. I am in Oregon where it is only an hour and a half to the beach so it is awesome and we go several times a year. But unlike other areas of the country sometimes it is cold and windy at the beach and our ocean is cold!! But I love the beach any weather! This weekend it was in the 90's in the Portland area so it was in the high 70's and sunny and gorgeous at the beach. I got to wear shorts and capri's!! Yeah! Just wanted to tell you I made the Taco soup tonite for dinner and it is so yummy!! I loved it! It is really filling!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin